The Unfathomable

12 hours ago, 3rd and long said:

The players buying in wouldn't have stopped a run/pass option call against Illinois (with a QB with a gunslinger mentality and questionable decision making) when one simple run takes care of the clock. 

Players buying in wouldn't have changed the fact that we brought no pressure at all, let a QB run around and have time to step into a throw in order to heave it far enough for a fluke to occur against BYU. 

As was clearly covered numerous times after the Illinois game, the play sent in from the sideline was a bootleg with NO pass option attached.  It was run and run only.  If you were under the impression it was a rpo I can see your frustration.  It wasn't, does it change your mind any finding out it wasn't ?

Had everyone given their best effort from day one,  those games don't come down to a "fluke" play.

3 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

As was clearly covered numerous times after the Illinois game, the play sent in from the sideline was a bootleg with NO pass option attached.  It was run and run only.  If you were under the impression it was a rpo I can see your frustration.  It wasn't, does it change your mind any finding out it wasn't ?

Had everyone given their best effort from day one,  those games don't come down to a "fluke" play.

And as has been discussed to death, not all of the players believed that, and it was being cute for cute's sake. 

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, saunders45 said:

And as has been discussed to death, not all of the players believed that, and it was being cute for cute's sake. 

Cute for cute's sake is making an extra handoff in that situation you don't need to make.  Bootleg equals one less exchange for something to go wrong and puts the ball in the best playmaker's hands to seal the win. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, LaunchCode said:

Does that include Langsdorf? As I remember it there was a strong wind that affected the passing game. In the 3rd quarter Illinois threw the ball on 8 out of 18 plays. In the 4th, with the wind at their back, 21 out of 22 plays. We had a 10 point lead going into the second half and for the first 15 minutes of that half the weather hit their offenses biggest strength while hiding our defenses biggest weakness. What does Langsdorf do our first possession in the 4th quarter with the wind against us? Throw two passes and we punt.

• Plus1 1

We are only kidding ourselves. This season will get really ugly and Riley and company know it. It seems like Bo's recruits had much more talent than Riley's. The only games that we can PROBABLY win this season are Illinois, Rutgers, and one other lucky bounce if God loves the huskers. We are finishing 3-9 or 4-8 at best. Purdue will spank us because we are not going to stop Their QB. Minnesota has a REAL coach. Iowa will bully us, and Wisconsin, Ohio state, and penn state will get really ugly. Northwestern might be the lucky bounce our way. I have already seen all the writing on the wall. It is time for Nebraska yo do what Alabama, Ohio State, and Michigan did to get back to glory. Open the check book and get a REAL COACH who won much more than he lost.

17 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

We are only kidding ourselves. This season will get really ugly and Riley and company know it. It seems like Bo's recruits had much more talent than Riley's. The only games that we can PROBABLY win this season are Illinois, Rutgers, and one other lucky bounce if God loves the huskers. We are finishing 3-9 or 4-8 at best. Purdue will spank us because we are not going to stop Their QB. Minnesota has a REAL coach. Iowa will bully us, and Wisconsin, Ohio state, and penn state will get really ugly. Northwestern might be the lucky bounce our way. I have already seen all the writing on the wall. It is time for Nebraska yo do what Alabama, Ohio State, and Michigan did to get back to glory. Open the check book and get a REAL COACH who won much more than he lost.

No, we just need to give it more time. Next time we won't pass on 2nd and goal from the 3  with Ozigbo and the Race Warrier standing there.

I am pissed when I look at who we have lost to. Completely unacceptable! That being said,  I still want our team to win all remaining games. I don't want our guys getting any more used to losing than they already have. End of season I have no doubt change will come but until then,  I must continue to support DONU.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, LaunchCode said:

Cute for cute's sake is making an extra handoff in that situation you don't need to make.  Bootleg equals one less exchange for something to go wrong and puts the ball in the best playmaker's hands to seal the win. 

Except, of course, for the part where the best playmaker intentianally removed the ball from his own hands.

Best playmaker?  Yes.  Best decision maker?  No.

• Plus1 2

10 hours ago, LaunchCode said:

Again, getting cute and out-thinking things. Kind of like their pass protections and shifts into run plays that are putting us in negative blocking numbers.

9 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Hate to.feed the troll but there is no way of knowing that Pelinis recruits are more talented than Rileys at this point 

On 9/19/2017 at 7:18 PM, LaunchCode said:

Surprising enough this is the first time I've heard that. Maybe I didn't tune in for a while after the game. Who knows. 

I do find it it interesting however that on play with no pass option that Ozigbo happened to be the spot a receiver would be in if there was a pass option. If it was a bootleg, shouldn't all the flow, especially by the RB who is carrying out the fake, be going in the opposite direction? Possibly the play called on the sideline wasn't the one called in the huddle?  Again, who knows. 

I know the former college player/coach I was watching with thought it looked like a designed RPO. 

But it is interesting  to find that out now, learn something new every day. Even if you're skeptical about what you learn. 

53 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

Surprising enough this is the first time I've heard that. Maybe I didn't tune in for a while after the game. Who knows. 

I do find it it interesting however that on play with no pass option that Ozigbo happened to be the spot a receiver would be in if there was a pass option. If it was a bootleg, shouldn't all the flow, especially by the RB who is carrying out the fake, be going in the opposite direction? Possibly the play called on the sideline wasn't the one called in the huddle?  Again, who knows. 

I know the former college player/coach I was watching with thought it looked like a designed RPO. 

But it is interesting  to find that out now, learn something new every day. Even if you're skeptical about what you learn. 

Your assessment that the play given on the sideline was not necessarily the one called in the huddle is how I figured it most likely went down as well.