Rutgers Week Pressers

Mavric

I appreciate the work you do with posting these pressers each week, so my comment here is not toward the role you do, but toward the actual presser themselves.

No one cares, we are tired of the BS fed to us and until there are changes at the top and on down these pressers will be more of the same. "Rah Rah rah we are going to do better, last week was disappointing, saw good things this week from the guys in practice, rah rah rah."

Just now, saunders45 said:

I don't know if it matters. The OL is a mess, the running game is not working, and I don't see the benefit of Beau Davising POB for the rest of his career.

Hoping to do some film study here soon.  I'm not convinced the problems are near as much with the OL as they are with formations/predictability.

Though that has the same effect as far as who they QB is.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Mavric said:

Hoping to do some film study here soon.  I'm not convinced the problems are near as much with the OL as they are with formations/predictability.

Oh, I think that has alot to do with it. That's why I don't think benching Lee is gonna fix the fundamental issue with the offense.

I normally support the coach no matter what.  I don't usually call for a firing or resignation.  But i tend to understand when they happen and why.

But after seeing the comments from Riley, he needs to go.  He's lost and will likely lose the team.

Shawn Eichorst could save some face (not much, but a little) by having a closed door meeting with Riley and buy him out and have Riley resign.

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I agree....and calling pass plays where the QB rolls out.  Too much blame is being given to the O-line when Lee made plenty of mistakes himself. And against Oregon the O-line did relatively well protecting Lee (i went back and watched the game again) and he was still a statue telegraphing his throws and missing targets.

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:
This, right here, is bulls#!t, and it speaks to the mindset of this team. 

You just got beat at home by a huge underdog.  You have two choices:  You can let doubt creep in or you can get pissed off and take it out on Rutgers.

Riley doesn't talk about getting off the mat and pounding our next opponent, he talks about doubt.

If that's the first thought in your head, I will postulate that you are not in the right frame of mind to lead this team.

Agreed. So frustrating.

It's as if his idea of sports psychology in general is, "Maybe what you prepare for will work, or maybe it won't" instead of "We coach our players to work towards being the best out there and we're going to do whatever it takes to turn this bad start around."

12 minutes ago, saunders45 said:

Oh, I think that has alot to do with it. That's why I don't think benching Lee is gonna fix the fundamental issue with the offense.

Yeah, I'm about 100% sure it's on the O Line. 

If we're talking predictability, that's something to look at for the first pick-six. That dude knew that play was coming by alignment alone.  I don't think I've ever seen a DB jump a route on another receiver quite like that.

25 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

No one cares, we are tired of the BS fed to us and until there are changes at the top and on down these pressers will be more of the same. "Rah Rah rah we are going to do better, last week was disappointing, saw good things this week from the guys in practice, rah rah rah."

To your point - and this is totally my perception - but it seems like there were about 50% fewer tweets from media guys during the presser than in previous weeks.  Most of it had to do with the injury updates.

Usually it flood my timeline with five or six guys all tweeting the same thing.  For each comment.  Seemed to be really down this week.  Perhaps for the same reason.