Some Positives

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

1) The Huskers won't be looking past Rutgers to the big Illinois game.

2) The sellout streak just got more exciting.

3) I found $10 in an old pants pocket.

The bolded is what has me most concerned.  No, I'm not concerned about the streak ending.  I'm more concerned about the outside money influence by large money men making sure the streak continues with strings attached.  Haven't we been letting the big boosters and such call the shots for far too long?  I guess I wouldn't have a problem with that as long as it was yielding results.  However, it hasn't.  I've long felt Bill Byrne left as AD because of the pressure he was getting from the big boosters for fire Solich.  He didn't want to be that guy.  When TO was announced as interim AD, I thought things would change.  I might be wrong, but it always seemed to me that TO's hands were tied when it came to hiring Bo.  I've always felt Bo was hired because that's who the big boosters wanted. 

TO was fortunate enough to have Devanney as his AD for most of his tenure as coach.  I'm sure Devanney through some of those years was getting pressure from boosters.  I'm also sure Devanney wasn't having any of it.  Now, we're stuck in a process where we get a new AD as often as we get a new coach.  This hasn't been the recipe for success, so I'm not sure why we should think it will yield better results by simply continuing to do it.   

It's always been a matter of time until the sellout streak ended. Unless the university drastically reduces prices (no way that's happening), people will continue to get priced out or find that watching from home is preferable. Attendance at college football has been in decline for a while. The fact the streak has made it this far is pretty remarkable.

21 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

The bolded is what has me most concerned.  No, I'm not concerned about the streak ending.  I'm more concerned about the outside money influence by large money men making sure the streak continues with strings attached.  Haven't we been letting the big boosters and such call the shots for far too long?  I guess I wouldn't have a problem with that as long as it was yielding results.  However, it hasn't.  I've long felt Bill Byrne left as AD because of the pressure he was getting from the big boosters for fire Solich.  He didn't want to be that guy.  When TO was announced as interim AD, I thought things would change.  I might be wrong, but it always seemed to me that TO's hands were tied when it came to hiring Bo.  I've always felt Bo was hired because that's who the big boosters wanted. 

TO was fortunate enough to have Devanney as his AD for most of his tenure as coach.  I'm sure Devanney through some of those years was getting pressure from boosters.  I'm also sure Devanney wasn't having any of it.  Now, we're stuck in a process where we get a new AD as often as we get a new coach.  This hasn't been the recipe for success, so I'm not sure why we should think it will yield better results by simply continuing to do it.   

This is the way of the world when it comes to boosters.  I don't know of too many folks who are willing to part with millions of dollars and not want to get some kind of quid pro quo out of it.  

2 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

I thought Morgan was for sure done for the year when the camera panned to him holding his knee in the endzone. So the fact that he was fine was a big positive from the game.

DLine and Parella are fun to watch.

I'm not sure any losses would surprise me at this point. But there are a lot of wins that could surprise me.

Agree 100% on Morgan.  I remember swearing audibly when I saw him rolling around.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

One big positive.

Next year when I'm looking to buy season tickets for the first time, it might have just become easier and cheaper.

This is probably a pipe dream but I've been hoping for the prices to drop with the influx of B1G money.  Perhaps that combined with .... less than ideal results will bring some change.