Say Eichorst is fired

Red Five

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I think it will be a pretty obvious referendum on Eichorst given that looming bonus.  If they don't trust him, he'll be gone by late November or however early it has to be to avoid paying that.  Then Riley will be fired after the Iowa game and the new AD gets to hire the new football coach.

If Eichorst gets fired in November, there will not be a new AD yet to hire the fb coach.

If we want a new AD to hire a football coach at the end of the season, Eichorst needs to be fired yesterday.

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If Eichorst gets fired in November, there will not be a new AD yet to hire the fb coach.

If we want a new AD to hire a football coach at the end of the season, Eichorst needs to be fired yesterday.

I'm all for doing it now or after the Wisc game at the latest. We know what will happen against Ohio State.    Loosing to Wisc in what could be a blow out if trends continue, will be enough.  However, if we falter against Rutgers or Ill prior to that - enough has been seen to know the end result.  I think most fans feel where this is leading.  I just hope the top brass see it too.  We may like Mr Nice Guy, but he ain't taking us to any dance. Time to face the pain of the surgery and get it over.  I hope they decide to do it right this time around.  Like they say - Nothing personal, it is just business.

Rutgers wins by 14+ this weekend. Illinois wins by 21+ the following weekend. Eichorst is shown the door Sunday morning

New AD is hired end of November/early December. Riley gets one more season in 2018. Giving the new AD ample time to find the right coach. 

Riley gets axed after a 1-3 start. Diaco is named interim. New coach is introduced in December of next year. 

5 minutes ago, Fru said:

Rutgers wins by 14+ this weekend. Illinois wins by 21+ the following weekend. Eichorst is shown the door Sunday morning

New AD is hired end of November/early December. Riley gets one more season in 2018. Giving the new AD ample time to find the right coach. 

Riley gets axed after a 1-3 start. Diaco is named interim. New coach is introduced in December of next year. 

Debbie downer is an optimist compared to you.  lol

Insert Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, LSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Florida State, Miami or some other similar program into the sentence instead of Nebraska.  If they hire a new coach and said coach goes 4-8 (if we are lucky) in year three after inheriting a program that averaged only 4 losses a year for seven straight years what happens?   Of course the answer is give him a fourth year so he can go 3-9 right?  

• Plus1 1

Let me throw this out there.....because as unlikely as it seems....it's still possible (insert "so you say we still got a chance gif")

What happens if we go out and win the west this year?

All of us assume this season is going to go off the rails and we are barely going to win any more games.  I'm in that group.

However, stranger things have happened.

What do you do then?

• Plus1 1

Joe Moglia is currently taking a medical sabbatical--doesn't sound like it's life threatening however he's at that age where recovery take longer.  I do like the idea of him running anything however he might just want to be a coach given he's already been and left high level executive management.  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Good lord, this thread has given me an anxiety attack just thinking about what a clusterf**k this athletic department could be. In all likelihood we would be hiring a new AD, football coach and basketball coach within the same 12 month period. 

Could be?  The Athletic Department has been a cluster-eff for a number of years.

• Plus1 2