Say Eichorst is fired

Red Five

None of this is difficult.  The new AD calls about 5-8 top coaches, clearly not to offer the job but he/she calls those coaches and asks "Tell me, if you had to replace yourself at your current job, who is your pick" 

You compile the list of names and you break it down from there.

During the interview you are polite and frank about this U..."We expect to win and my job will most certainly be tied with yours...Can you start winning the west division in 3 years and why?"

And you go from there.

32 minutes ago, teachercd said:

None of this is difficult.  The new AD calls about 5-8 top coaches, clearly not to offer the job but he/she calls those coaches and asks "Tell me, if you had to replace yourself at your current job, who is your pick" 

During the interview you are polite and frank about this U..."We expect to win and my job will most certainly be tied with yours...Can you start winning the west division in 3 years and why?"

And you go from there.

But what if this person met a really really nice guy at a conference?

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

And you go from there.

So easy that every team should be able to do it!

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

They do...they do it that way.  It doesn't mean that you get a coach that will be a stud...but it is a better way to do it then what SE did

I'm mostly poking fun at how you claim it's so easy when it obviously isn't or every team would do it. I agree about SE's method being poor.

Disappointed in myself for missing the opportunity to say, "So easy even a caveman can do it!"

1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

Trev Alberts is a fu&^%$ snake and if UNL is smart they'll never open up that Pandora's Box.  Yes, I'm an ex UNO wrestler so i'm incredibly bitter towards him but he's also done a great job of saddling UNO with a ton of debt from his unnecessary Baxter Arena shenanigans.

I used to coach wrestling and Denny was great so were so many of those guys that helped out there like Bongo (RIP) but Trev is not getting rid of any sports at NU.

And getting rid of UNO football was just fine.  Getting rid of wrestling was odd just cause you guys made your own money.

Just now, RedDenver said:

I'm mostly poking fun at how you claim it's so easy when it obviously isn't or every team would do it. I agree about SE's method being poor.

Disappointed in myself for missing the opportunity to say, "So easy even a caveman can do it!"

Hahah!  

Yeah, I know what you mean.  The process is (should be) easy...if you are smart!  

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I used to coach wrestling and Denny was great so were so many of those guys that helped out there like Bongo (RIP) but Trev is not getting rid of any sports at NU.

And getting rid of UNO football was just fine.  Getting rid of wrestling was odd just cause you guys made your own money.

Yeah, I agree that there is almost zero chance that any sports @ UNL get cut.  I would pay a decent amount of money to find out the true reason Alberts cut the program.  That however, is a topic for a very rainy day!

Being an AD in my mind is about knowing who/how to hire and how to raise money.  

Everything else is essentially done by the school lawyers.  

So the question is would Trev be good at hiring and would he be good at getting cash?  That I don't know.  I would guess that football coaches would probably like working for a guy that was a former player at the school and played in the NFL for a bit.  I think they might feel like there was more "understanding"