JASON PETER PREACHES ACCOUNTABILITY

17 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Some of those familiar with Jason Peter's history find his rhetoric and style of critiquing the program somewhat hypocritical and overzealous. It tarnishes the message regardless of how true that message may be.

I, too, would like to know where this information is coming from because you've posted it before. If it's hearsay and/or coming from "inside sources," that's fine. But, if you don't have hard proof or evidence to support your claims, repeatedly bringing it up doesn't do anybody any good.

Unless it is true

Anyone dismissing JP because of the blemishes on his history must, if they're being honest about their reasons, similarly dismiss Tom Osborne when he speaks about the team.

If "people who have made criminal mistakes in life but later repented" are outside of the arena you're willing to listen to, that includes Osborne.

• Plus1 4

22 minutes ago, unlfan said:

Just using this quote as a sample of many that can be used in this thread.

What does Jason's brother have anything to do with him? Should his brother's actions reflect on him? I feel like JP is treated like a sex offender on this board based purely through association. If everybody was held accountable for everything their family did, well i personally know a lot of saints that could be in jail.

I might be wrong but people (myself included) pointing out Christian Peter and his 1 game suspension while at Nebraska were doing it as a way to point out the "accountability" in place when JP was playing.  I don't think it is anyone (myself included) using at as a way to hold it against JP personally or treat him like a sex offender.   

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, unlfan said:

I would disagree. I only ever see this brought up in threads about Jason Peter.

I never see it brought up in threads about Tom Osborne, somebody much more dirty and responsible for it than Jason Peter.

Like I said I could be wrong, but when I brought it up that was the only reason I brought it up.  I can't speak for anyone else and their intentions.

FWIW:  If TO was the name in the title and he was ranting about accountability I would have brought it up.

9 hours ago, Landlord said:

@returnnutoglory95 is 100% Jason Peters. Hi Jason.

haha, yeah I'm Jason Peter.  

But what if I am and everything I have said is 100% true...or even 95% true.  Will you dismiss it because you don't like me?  If it is all true, wouldn't you be appalled ??!

Can you allow an administration to have ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY?  Can a team be successful without it?

You can put blinders on and have faith that SE and MR will pull a miracle and make this team successful, but there is still a stink in Lincoln that can be smelled across the nation.

So dismiss it all you want, but I promise you that the Husker Athletic Program has no shot at being Great again with the current people in charge.

MHGA (Make Huskers Great Again) 

RNTG (ReturnNUtoGlory)

3 hours ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Just wondering, was Donte Williams going after his work day was over or was he going when he was "still on the clock"?  Is Donte Williams an adult?  How do you know the money he used to get in and to "tip" wasn't his own personal cash?  Or since he is an employee of the University does that mean the cash he receives for his employment is the University paying for it?

While I agree if this is true, it is a bad look, but what these adults do in their down time (as long as it is legal) isn't any of our business.

Oh Pedro...you are a NUAD apologist aren't you?  You might be that employee in the AD you are talking about.

Mike Price got fired as coach of Alabama, BEFORE EVER COACHING GAME, for being at a strip club.  

Say what you want about Donte being an adult on his own time, but he is representing the UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA, at all times.  This should not be an argument.  you cannot apologize for this conduct.

When you are on the road representing your University at Satellite Camps, do you think it is OK to be out at strips clubs very single night?  What message is this sending?

Louisville basketball comes to mind.

Same as dismissing kids for smoking pot when it is against TEAM RULES.  Rules are not meant to be broken when you have to be ACCOUNTABLE to the rest of your teammates, coaches, admin and the fans.

ACCOUNTABILITY IS EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD.  There is none of it in Nebraska at the moment.

And if you think i am wrong about any of what I have said...Look at the results on the field.  It's a Major League EMBARRASSMENT!  

3 hours ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Just wondering, was Donte Williams going after his work day was over or was he going when he was "still on the clock"?  Is Donte Williams an adult?  How do you know the money he used to get in and to "tip" wasn't his own personal cash?  Or since he is an employee of the University does that mean the cash he receives for his employment is the University paying for it?

While I agree if this is true, it is a bad look, but what these adults do in their down time (as long as it is legal) isn't any of our business.

Maybe he was there recruiting girls to help in his recruiting a la Louisville basketball 

10 hours ago, returnnutoglory95 said:

When Donte Williams goes to strip clubs every night on the road during satellite camps, when he is representing the University and while the University is paying for it and nothing is done about it, WHERE IS THE ACCOUNTABILITY?!!  

What, exactly, does this have to do with accountability?  Let's say this is 100% true.  He's off work, on his own time, and no longer representing the university. He can do anything he wants, including go to a strip club.  There is no clause in his contract forbidding it, and until there is, this is a bulls#!t criticism. 

• Plus1 3