JASON PETER PREACHES ACCOUNTABILITY

I think that most of the posters on here will agree with an assertion that ADSE and HCMR might not be the ones to lead NU back to greatness for many reasons, but accountability for off-field transgressions?  Really?  That's the angle JP is using?

And comparing this current accountability to the 1995 administration?  You can't be serious.  There is a long list of rape and assault victims that might disagree with this comparison.

• Plus1 6

I am not a JP fan at all and most of what he says is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo typical of the guys that played in the past...With that said, I don't think he was "lucky" to be part of the teams that did so well.  I think he was clearly pretty talented, gifted and probably worked his ass off to get a full ride to a school like NU and then end up as a starter and AA (i think)

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, returnnutoglory95 said:

Oh Pedro...you are a NUAD apologist aren't you?  You might be that employee in the AD you are talking about.

Mike Price got fired as coach of Alabama, BEFORE EVER COACHING GAME, for being at a strip club.  

Say what you want about Donte being an adult on his own time, but he is representing the UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA, at all times.  This should not be an argument.  you cannot apologize for this conduct.

When you are on the road representing your University at Satellite Camps, do you think it is OK to be out at strips clubs very single night?  What message is this sending?

Louisville basketball comes to mind.

Same as dismissing kids for smoking pot when it is against TEAM RULES.  Rules are not meant to be broken when you have to be ACCOUNTABLE to the rest of your teammates, coaches, admin and the fans.

ACCOUNTABILITY IS EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD.  There is none of it in Nebraska at the moment.

And if you think i am wrong about any of what I have said...Look at the results on the field.  It's a Major League EMBARRASSMENT!  

I’m not an AD apologist; I was just relaying what I personally know from an actual employee.  Also is saying I’m the employee supposed to be some kind of jab at me? "You have a job, nanner nanner boo boo.":dunno

As far as Mike Price goes:

https://www.si.com/vault/2003/05/12/342806/how-he-met-his-destiny-at-a-strip-club-mike-price-fired

If it ever comes out that Williams is doing what Price did than we might have an issue.  “Roll Tide”

Personally I don’t think it is OK for any person to be out at a strip club every single night; however that isn’t up to me to decide.  What an adult does with their own time is on them, and as long as it’s legal who cares. 

Another thing, Louisville Basketball was an Asst/recruiter providing Prostitutes, Strippers and cash to players/recruits at a University dormitory.  Not the same thing as an Asst. going to a club when he is off work.

How many players throughout the years have been dismissed from the team for smoking pot?  Or did it just become a TEAM RULE this year?  We all know none of the players in the early 90's were smoking reefer.:blink:

I actually agree that there needs to be some coaches and players held accountable for the on field production, whether by losing their jobs or their playing time.  So there is that.<_<

2 hours ago, returnnutoglory95 said:

haha, yeah I'm Jason Peter.  

But what if I am and everything I have said is 100% true...or even 95% true.  Will you dismiss it because you don't like me?  If it is all true, wouldn't you be appalled ??!

Can you allow an administration to have ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY?  Can a team be successful without it?

You can put blinders on and have faith that SE and MR will pull a miracle and make this team successful, but there is still a stink in Lincoln that can be smelled across the nation.

So dismiss it all you want, but I promise you that the Husker Athletic Program has no shot at being Great again with the current people in charge.

MHGA (Make Huskers Great Again) 

RNTG (ReturnNUtoGlory)

Again, my question is how do you know all this.  

Look you can dislike the messenger (and I don't, but I understand why others might) and still need to hear the message.

Is there some level of 'back in my day we used to have to go uphill both ways to school' in these comments from JP?  Yes probably.  But while I never played college ball, the bit i did play resonates with what JP said about accountability.  I know that I focused a LOT better on what I was doing when I knew there were consequences for screwing up.  When I jumped off-sides in practice because I hadn't paid close enough attention to what the QB said and then had to run laps, well guess next time what I made sure to do?

Are there things nowadays that coaches used to do to punish players that they can no longer do?  Yes.  But there are other ways to hold them accountable and without accountability  -bad behaviors won't change.    JP is 100% right about that.  If there is indeed a lack of accountability in the athletic department in general and the football team in particular, well, success at a focused, championship level WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE.  JP is again 100% right about that.

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

Anyone dismissing JP because of the blemishes on his history must, if they're being honest about their reasons, similarly dismiss Tom Osborne when he speaks about the team.

If "people who have made criminal mistakes in life but later repented" are outside of the arena you're willing to listen to, that includes Osborne.

The difference being that Jason Peter points to the whole criminal mistake/blemished history era as the pinnacle of all things good for the program that must be gotten back to.

• Plus1 2
31 minutes ago, neepster said:

Is there some level of 'back in my day we used to have to go uphill both ways to school' in these comments from JP?  Yes probably.  But while I never played college ball, the bit i did play resonates with what JP said about accountability.  I know that I focused a LOT better on what I was doing when I knew there were consequences for screwing up.  When I jumped off-sides in practice because I hadn't paid close enough attention to what the QB said and then had to run laps, well guess next time what I made sure to do?

Are there things nowadays that coaches used to do to punish players that they can no longer do?  Yes.  But there are other ways to hold them accountable and without accountability  -bad behaviors won't change.    JP is 100% right about that.  If there is indeed a lack of accountability in the athletic department in general and the football team in particular, well, success at a focused, championship level WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE.  JP is again 100% right about that.

How do we know there aren't consequences as he describes? Serious question. I don't want to assume either way.

The whole interview was just a vent session that might have some credibility if the person venting had any involvement in the situation.

Also, JP basically says in this interview that him and his brother were hard on Scott Frost and he was a better football player because of it. I'm not so sure that Scott Frost would agree with that.

Regardless, whether or not you like or dislike the guy, there is no "Truth" to this article. What I mean by that is that it's all just subjective remarks that may be valid arguments or remarks, but I don't think you should expect people to drink the kool-aid.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, HuskerMav11 said:

How do we know there aren't consequences as he describes? Serious question. I don't want to assume either way.

The whole interview was just a vent session that might have some credibility if the person venting had any involvement in the situation.

Also, JP basically says in this interview that him and his brother were hard on Scott Frost and he was a better football player because of it. I'm not so sure that Scott Frost would agree with that.

Regardless, whether or not you like or dislike the guy, there is no "Truth" to this article. What I mean by that is that it's all just subjective remarks that may be valid arguments or remarks, but I don't think you should expect people to drink the kool-aid.

Well as for how do we know there aren't consequences as he describes... we don't... well, I don't.  I have no contacts on the team or the coaches office, but I assume JP gets to visit and hang out and see if he wants.  So I trust him more than some random poster.  Do I have documented, verifiable proof?  No, but I won't ever get that either.  Not unless Riley comes right out and says it.

A lot of folks here seem to really focus on the 'Truth'.  As if the 'Truth' is some magical, absolute thing that it is possible to know.  I've got news for you.  We almost never know the 'Truth' and likely mostly never will.  The best we can get is 'more or less likely' or 'some evidence for' or 'some evidence against' or 'strong evidence for' or 'strong evidence against'.  

I rate this article as 'some evidence for' what he is saying.  Certainly he gives several examples and others have given examples as well.  Some of those are known occurrences that are in the media and some are things that only someone close to the team might have seen.  Given the actual performance and issues we've seen on the team, the 'some evidence for' getting added to the performance of the team makes this 'more likely than not' to me, but others may have a higher standard - fine.  But please don't pretend we will ever know the 'Truth' or that all of these articles or inputs have to be at some 'defined ultimate Truth level'  we are never going to get that... at least not until we are dead.  The enemy of 'good' is 'best'.

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Anyone dismissing JP because of the blemishes on his history must, if they're being honest about their reasons, similarly dismiss Tom Osborne when he speaks about the team.

If "people who have made criminal mistakes in life but later repented" are outside of the arena you're willing to listen to, that includes Osborne.

Amen

This is such a weird conversation lol. It went from disciplining kids for being offsides to the moral and ethical consequences of grown men in strip clubs lol

what if they jumped offsides and got yelled at and are trying to improve on it, or like they're trying to adjust to a new defensive scheme or something and are having common football mishaps