JASON PETER PREACHES ACCOUNTABILITY

Maybe I just read the article wrong.  He was talking mostly about leadership among players and players holding each other accountable on the field.. also with the coaches like OL having false starts, are you going to make them run till they puke.  Maybe I'll have to read it again.  Again a coach can choose to handle off field issues as he sees fit for what's best for that kid.  But I agree with on field stuff.  If you act like it's no big deal for your left tackle to false start 3 times a game your LT will continue to false start 3 times a game 

I think JP is probably somewhat right, I would like to see more accountability on the OL for example. I also think he is a passionate guy that has basically said the same thing about every regime since TO. Did none of those coaches have accountability or were they just not good enough?

I think the coaches that have coached here since Osborne were guys that were a bad fit or just couldn't quite meet expectations. Or a mix of the two. They all busted their butt to make NU the best they could and they were all held accountable, as will SE and MR most likely.

T.O let the players handle the punishments back in the day when it come to on-field issues.  This raised the bar of accountability throughout the team.  A lot of the players knew that if they messed up, the rest of the team was going to deal with them.  

I dont think players now could get away with half the stuff they done back then but it bred a toughness and attitude for greatness.   I think we are missing that with the teams today. 

Think whatever you want of JP, but the guy has his hand on the pulse of Husker Athletics..  Just watch what happens from here.  Eichorst gone.  Riley will be gone.  Not saying that Trev or Frost are the guys, but whoever the guys are, they will bring back the Husker Culture, they will preach ACCOUNTABILITY, they will hire First Class people.  The team will learn what it takes to win AND for the public to be proud once again. 

But not only that, the Culture around the entire Athletic Dep't will once again be Great.  There will be communication between the coaching staffs and the AD.  There will be Pride once again.  This is a GREAT DAY for Nebraska Athletics.  Let the Dominos start to fall.

Goodbye Shawn!  It wasn't fun knowing you!

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, returnnutoglory95 said:

Think whatever you want of JP, but the guy has his hand on the pulse of Husker Athletics..  Just watch what happens from here.  Eichorst gone.  Riley will be gone.  Not saying that Trev or Frost are the guys, but whoever the guys are, they will bring back the Husker Culture, they will preach ACCOUNTABILITY, they will hire First Class people.  The team will learn what it takes to win AND for the public to be proud once again. 

But not only that, the Culture around the entire Athletic Dep't will once again be Great.  There will be communication between the coaching staffs and the AD.  There will be Pride once again.  This is a GREAT DAY for Nebraska Athletics.  Let the Dominos start to fall.

Goodbye Shawn!  It wasn't fun knowing you!

I thought you were Jason Peter but I changed my mind. You're definitely Donald Trump.

• Plus1 1

On 9/20/2017 at 8:33 AM, unlfan said:

Just using this quote as a sample of many that can be used in this thread.

What does Jason's brother have anything to do with him? Should his brother's actions reflect on him? I feel like JP is treated like a sex offender on this board based purely through association. If everybody was held accountable for everything their family did, well i personally know a lot of saints that could be in jail.

Fair point about him not being his brother or his brother's keeper, but, as inseparable as those two were, he knew exactly who his brother was.  Doesn't mean he should be punished or had a legal obligation to say something, but it's not like he was turning a blind eye to some minor, victimless indiscretions or technical NCAA infractions either.  

So no, he doesn't get a complete pass, at least not when he is the one who wants to talk about accountability... and hold up his brother as a good example of what he is talking about.   

The joke of a punishment can be laid at TO's feet, among other things.