Do you miss the Big 12?

Ostateman

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Not even a little bit. And every time someone pines for the Big 8/Big XII I'm going to repost this, and you had better read it and understand that it was these conference "mates" you're missing so badly that stabbed Nebraska in the back. 

I can't pull up the article from that link.  Am I missing something?

Go read the Texasshaggy or Landtheives and you will see plenty of let's get out of this crap conference.  Nebraska will be back.  They just need the right hire.  Riley was a big head scratcher for me.  Average coach for average at best program in Oregon State.  It took Alabama decades and a string of failures to land the right coach.

We traded the Texas connections for Michigan and Ohio ST.  Don't kid yourself, they are no different than Texas or OU or A/m.  They control this conference as much as we feel that Texas controls the Big 12.  That money, well lets say that like severance pay each year.  Each year while we have been in the Big 10, we get further away from what was for more bank roll.  If we don't use that money to get a better coaching, well then what the money for?

The change in conference is not responsible for our program, but it sure didn't help either.  Remember, back when Penn St was invited into the conference, they were so so.  That same time period we were winning championships.  Why weren't we invited then.  Why didn't we get in then?  Easy, we would have taken the cake and ate it too!  All of these conferences are the same.  Each one has its powers, and those are the deciding votes on all issues.

I do.  More history and natural rivals.  When we joined, I thought we'd culturally fit better with the B10 teams but that just hasn't happened.  Plus the BIG expanded so much that it's not the same B10 anymore.  What was our major contention with the Big 12?  Was it the conference title game?  Seems like a moot point now that everyone has one.