Do you miss the Big 12?

Ostateman

I'm not here to troll, but to ask a question (that may have been answered long before):
Do you guys miss being in the Big 12?

NU football and fans have long been a class organization and for so many years -- a very successful one.

Yet, it seems that since you've joined the Big 10, you've struggled.

In fact, it's as if you've dropped off the face of college football's elite programs.

We always enjoyed your fans and Sig Chi brothers that came to Stillwater for the games (that we rarely won). 
When we went to Lincoln, we were always shown a great time.

I can only speak for myself when I say I miss the games with you guys. And I miss the old rivalries like ou vs Nebraska (which for decades seemed that the winner of that game went on to play for a national championship. 

Those days have passed, especially for you guys. 

There was even a mention by KSU coach Snyder that a few old Big 12 teams would like to come back. Is that true?

I know you guys miss those days of great football, too. 

So, what do you think?

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Ostateman said:

I'm not here to troll, but to ask a question (that may have been answered long before):
Do you guys miss being in the Big 12?

NU football and fans have long been a class organization and for so many years -- a very successful one.

Yet, it seems that since you've joined the Big 10, you've struggled.

In fact, it's as if you've dropped off the face of college football's elite programs.

We always enjoyed your fans and Sig Chi brothers that came to Stillwater for the games (that we rarely won). 
When we went to Lincoln, we were always shown a great time.

I can only speak for myself when I say I miss the games with you guys. And I miss the old rivalries like ou vs Nebraska (which for decades seemed that the winner of that game went on to play for a national championship. 

Those days have passed, especially for you guys. 

There was even a mention by KSU coach Snyder that a few old Big 12 teams would like to come back. Is that true?

I know you guys miss those days of great football, too. 

So, what do you think?

Of course. The Big 12 doesn't really exist anymore, but rivalries against OU, KSU, and others plus the atmosphere of the games were what college ball is about.

I don't get any of that from Big Ten games and think it was just an ill-fated money grab that has resulted in a bunch of meaningless games against teams we hardly know or care about.

Add the obvious recruiting advantages we had and the favorable weather conditions.

You won't hear a lot of message board fans saying this, I'm not sure who these people are.

I guess some boosters thought it would be a good idea to be the Wisconsin JV team and get some really lucrative advertising deals??

Okay then , super excited about the big Rutgers game!!

• Plus1 2