ESPN: Can Riley Fix Nebraska?

Mavric

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

I figured there would be a quick pivot from "who's better" to "well, we weren't going to get any better with Bo.

When all else fails, move the goalposts.

3 hours ago, 1995 Redux said:

Well just think, when the next guy comes in he can take a 5 win team with 10 win talent and do wonders with it!  Just like Bo did!  Part of me wishes Bo were still here to see his awful recruiting efforts come to fruition so we could put this argument to rest.  Bo was on a major trend downward.  Was it lose to Purdue and NIU bad?  Honestly, maybe.  He wasn't getting it done, and so far neither is Riley.  But pretending Bo was actually doing anything worthwhile is just denial.

5 minutes ago, QMany said:

I don't think anyone said that. But I'm MORE unhappy with the current status quo, if that is what you are looking for. 

5 minutes ago, unlfan said:

Bo won the division several times. But, its okay, those are just facts.

9 minutes ago, unlfan said:

I just simply disagree. I think Riley is a much bigger cancer. The futility has no end with him, and a losing mindset becomes acceptable. Much worse for the program than anything Bo did.

Mike Riley truly has the ability to take this program to 0-12 if he gets the chance to fully sink his teeth into it. Do not underestimate him.

40 minutes ago, 1995 Redux said:

Well just think, when the next guy comes in he can take a 5 win team with 10 win talent and do wonders with it!  Just like Bo did!  Part of me wishes Bo were still here to see his awful recruiting efforts come to fruition so we could put this argument to rest.  Bo was on a major trend downward.  Was it lose to Purdue and NIU bad?  Honestly, maybe.  He wasn't getting it done, and so far neither is Riley.  But pretending Bo was actually doing anything worthwhile is just denial.

downward trends tend to happen when you a have a ladies private parts for an AD and a horses sphincter for a chancellor openly routing against you

5 minutes ago, 1995 Redux said:

Teach was right, you ARE better at "this"

I LOVE being right about stuff!  No matter how small!

I guess if we could try and figure this out though.

Better at winning games:  Bo

Better at losing games:  Riley

Better at being a dick:  Bo

Better at not being a dick:  Riley

Better at recruiting:  Riley?

Better at not liking recruiting at all:  Bo

Better at press conferences:  Riley

Worse at press conferences:  Bo

Better at beating teams from non-power5 schools at home:  Bo

Better at losing to teams from non-power5 schools at home:  Riley

Looks like it is about even!  But Bo still had better seasons

• Plus1 6
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I LOVE being right about stuff!  No matter how small!

I guess if we could try and figure this out though.

Better at winning games:  Bo

Better at losing games:  Riley

Better at being a dick:  Bo

Better at not being a dick:  Riley

Better at recruiting:  Riley?

Better at not liking recruiting at all:  Bo

Better at press conferences:  Riley

Worse at press conferences:  Bo

Better at beating teams from non-power5 schools at home:  Bo

Better at losing to teams from non-power5 schools at home:  Riley

Looks like it is about even!  But Bo still had better seasons

You forgot:

Better at playing Wisconsin closr: Riley

Better at getting s#!t stomped by Wisconsin: Bo

Better at upsetting MSU: Tie

Bettwr at getting s#!t stomped by Ohio State: Tie

26 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Actually, the numbers don't show that.  At all.

Really?  I have to admit I didn't do the math on the recuiting classes but if I remember correctly the classes we had with Bo were typically ranked in the 30s, while with Rilely we seem to be in the 20s.  But I haven't done the averages.  And of course everyone here keeps saying how he is so much better of a recruiter than Bo was and how Bo's teams just kept getting worse because he hated recruiting.

24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Fun with multiquotes!

:goalposts:

3 division titles in 7 years is damn impressive....I guess?

How was that in any way moving the goalposts?  Bo's record is comparable to Fank Solich, decent record but not good enough in a couple areas.  I get that you think i am trying to somehow defend Riley here and I'm not.

You know, it is possible that a person can try to better explain themself without you instantly pulling the whole moving the goal posts card.

The solution is right in front of us - we should bring in somebody cutthroat like Trump. THEN we would know what it's like to have a winner instead of all these losers we've surrounded ourselves with since vaulted days of Osborne and his troop of golden dinosaurs. We obviously need somebody like Trump to Make Nebraska Great Again! The wins, the money, and the recruits would come pouring in, let me tell you. Nobody knows how to win like Trump. The days of crooked Eichorst would be over. We could build a wall around the endzone and make Iowa pay for it. Make Nebraska Great Again! Make Nebraska Great Again! Make Nebraska...
Capture.JPG.c344b2cf5813c89a995658a4e0a4981c.JPG

• Plus1 1