ESPN: Can Riley Fix Nebraska?

Mavric

21 minutes ago, 1995 Redux said:

We are all aware of Bo's record.  It was 2 songs on shuffle for 7 seasons.  Are the numbers better?  Absolutely.  Are we better off now?  Debatable.  Will we be better off?  Yet to be determined.

And yes, they are "simple facts" because actually viewing them from a bigger picture would show they aren't as glorious as you want them to be.

It's not debatable, unless we win the West the year we are worse off.

37 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

Not that NIU wasn't bad but IMO a couple performances by Pelini teams were worse. A certain Wisconsin game comes to mind. Is Gordon still running.....?

All about perspective.  Losing to a MAC team at home sounds worse on paper than losing to Wisconsin in a championship game.  But when you break it down and look at it in depth, obviously the Wisconsin game is worse.

7 minutes ago, 1995 Redux said:

All about perspective.  Losing to a MAC team at home sounds worse on paper than losing to Wisconsin in a championship game.  But when you break it down and look at it in depth, obviously the Wisconsin game is worse.

Obviously, that is your bias and perspective.

I'm grabbing at straws trying to be positive... and then I just watched a replay of the NIU game.  Our O-line blocking was maybe the worst ever put on a field at Nebraska.  To have hope for the remainder of the season would mean to hope for a Suh like performance out of our D-line.  I was really down on Lee but after re-watching the game, I can't hardly blame the guy.  He got hit almost every play... very few QBs could survive behind that o-line.  

All of that said... The product on the field that Riley is producing is considerable worse than what the standard is here and worse than any I have seen at Nebraska.  I absolutely loathed Pelini but I can say I never saw us look this soft under him.  

To answer the question- not a chance we turn this sinking ship around unless something miraculous happens with the o-line.    

• Plus1 1