2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I've had Canes two or three times, and I really don't understand the appeal.  It's the same chicken parts/pieces you can get in a bag in your grocery store's freezer section.  The only difference is that Canes fries it for you and has a sauce.  I don't get why that's a thing worth getting excited about.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I've had Canes two or three times, and I really don't understand the appeal.  It's the same chicken parts/pieces you can get in a bag in your grocery store's freezer section.  The only difference is that Canes fries it for you and has a sauce.  I don't get why that's a thing worth getting excited about.

Amen!  It is good and stuff but it is nothing special.  

Broncos (here in Omaha) has some good chicken

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Isn't that all "Fast Food Chicken?" :blink:

It is also made-to-order, not sitting under a heat lamp for an unknown period of time.

1 hour ago, QMany said:

I can make better food at home, too. But aren't we comparing "Fast Food Chicken" here?

I'm responding with the mindset in my first post here, in that I don't understand why you'd want Canes at all.

To speak specifically to the premise of this thread, I prefer chicken with bones to gnaw, so for me that'd be something like KFC or Popeye's, but to be honest I've never had Popeye's, Church's, or any of the others who serve whole pieces, not tenders/fingers. 

I've tried Chik-Fil-A and I am more amazed by the cult following they have than Canes.  Again, it's good, it's just not magical. 

I'd like to try Popeye's & Slim Chickens.  @Fru what's so great about Slim?

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I'm responding with the mindset in my first post here, in that I don't understand why you'd want Canes at all.

To speak specifically to the premise of this thread, I prefer chicken with bones to gnaw, so for me that'd be something like KFC or Popeye's, but to be honest I've never had Popeye's, Church's, or any of the others who serve whole pieces, not tenders/fingers. 

I've tried Chik-Fil-A and I am more amazed by the cult following they have than Canes.  Again, it's good, it's just not magical. 

I'd like to try Popeye's & Slim Chickens.  @Fru what's so great about Slim?

It's made to order, the chicken is super moist and not overly breaded like Cane's, lots of different sauces (my personal favorite is the cayenne ranch), lots of options with wings, tenders, chicken and waffles, salads, sandwiches, wraps. And they always have blues music playing which is nice.