Presidential succession (Quiz)

How many people can you name (in order of succession) that would be in line for the presidency if the president no longer holds that post?

Try to name them without looking it up.  I couldn't.  Here is the answer key:

Spoiler

1. VP -----------------------------------------Mike Pence

2. Speaker of House:----------------- Paul Ryan

3. Pres. pro tempore of Senate: Orrin Hatch

4. Secretary of State: ----------------Rex Tillerson

5. Sec. of Treasury:------------------- Steven Mnuchin

6. Sec. of Defense: --------------------James Mattis

7. Attorney General: ------------------Jeff Sessions

The rest are here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_line_of_succession

You may want to use the "Spoiler" function as well with your answers....

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, deedsker said:

I agree with the succession process; I guess there are a lot of people in positions of authority who really suck.

Lol!  I wasn't being a smart-ass.  Sorry!  I just re-read it and I come off like an ass.  I was literally asking for an "imaginary list".  Like a good one.

My dream, in my perfect little bubble is that the Mueller investigation takes until 2018 to get everything zipped up all nicey nice with no wrinkles.  Impeachment or more likely Donnie resigns.  If Trump is still in office he goes then, Pence is also found to be involved (which I can't imagine isn't the case) and the dems will have taken back the majority putting a dem in charge.

OR - Trump dies of congestive heart failure or diabetes and Pence gets in, then same scenario as above.

What I don't know ... if Pence moves up, who serves as VP (I think he gets to nominate right?)

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

My dream, in my perfect little bubble is that the Mueller investigation takes until 2018 to get everything zipped up all nicey nice with no wrinkles.  Impeachment or more likely Donnie resigns.  If Trump is still in office he goes then, Pence is also found to be involved (which I can't imagine isn't the case) and the dems will have taken back the majority putting a dem in charge.

OR - Trump dies of congestive heart failure or diabetes and Pence gets in, then same scenario as above.

What I don't know ... if Pence moves up, who serves as VP (I think he gets to nominate right?)

Yup.  Ford nominated his VP after succeeding Nixon.

i wonder if Paul Ryan ever wonders about both Donnie and Mike going down in the investigation....