Orlando Sentinel with an Interesting article on Scott Frost and the Husker job

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...I'm already tired of seeing Bo's ex players on twitter celebrating the firing.....not because the team was losing....but because of how he treated Bo.

I wondered how much it actually had to do with their love of Bo rather than a real hatred for Eichorst.  We may never really know if they disliked/hated Eichorst or if they are just towing Bo's line.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Callahan, Pelini and Riley were/are unworthy coaches for an institution like Nebraska, except of course, when they were actually hired.

Cally was an eleventh-hour hire after Steveo completely botched Solich's firing.  SP was very much incorrect in his thinking that we are Nebraska and anyone would fall at our feet to coach here.  

Gotta agree with you about BP, in fact, were TO still the AD I have little doubt he'd still be the HC.

Riley was the safe hire.  He was well respected among football wonks and nerds, even though not well-known outside of that realm.  His age precludes him from being here for more than 5-7 years.  Were he to turn the team around he'd announce an heir apparent and retire, if it goes poorly he decides he's to old for this and steps down.

Well assuming Frost gets a call at the end of the season one would think it would be tough for him to turn down. Coming back to his home state and alma mater is something a huge majority of coaches want to do. I guess the next 4 months will interesting times around these parts. Lets just hope Riley and Co. can put a decent product on the field to give us something good to talk about. 

2 minutes ago, wiuhusker said:

Well assuming Frost gets a call at the end of the season one would think it would be tough for him to turn down. Coming back to his home state and alma mater is something a huge majority of coaches want to do. I guess the next 4 months will interesting times around these parts. Lets just hope Riley and Co. can put a decent product on the field to give us something good to talk about. 

Doesn't mean he does.

5 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

Cally was an eleventh-hour hire after Steveo completely botched Solich's firing.  SP was very much incorrect in his thinking that we are Nebraska and anyone would fall at our feet to coach here.  

Agree, but the article and a lot of fans seem to be suggesting that Nebraska should get back to that way of thinking. 

I was fine with Pelini's hiring. I was also fine with his firing.  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Fru said:

If Scott was in his 5th or 6th year at UCF I'd feel more confident in him coming to DONU. 

Why? Osborne had not been a head coach before he took over for Devaney, neither did Solich when he took over for Osborne.  I don't buy this 'needs more head coaching experience' excuse anymore.  (No offense. ;) ) Scott has a lot of pluses going for him for this job if he should choose to take it, namely, he understands the culture.  That is huge right now. (just my humble opinion.)