Orlando Sentinel with an Interesting article on Scott Frost and the Husker job

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

What experiment is over?

My comment was about the fact that it seems like some people claim the ONLY way we are going to get back to greatness is to bring back "Nebraska people" like Trev Alberts for AD and Frost for HC of football.  

I said that if that's the case, then that doesn't bode well for the long term future of the program.  Why?  Because what happens when those people aren't around to hire anymore?  Do people really think that Nebraska is such an odd place that someone from the outside can't come in and be successful here?  I don't buy it.

I never said that I thought Frost would be a total failure or a horrible hire.  I want whomever the new AD is to go out and hire the best damn football coach he can.  If that's Frost....GREAT.  

But, I am not for having blinders on and only going after him as the savior of Husker football.

i hear what you're saying.... because ive been saying that for every hire. but im over all of this.... give it to scott

4 hours ago, Fru said:

Never said that it couldn't or hasn't been done. Just said I would prefer someone with more head coaching experience on their resume.

YEAH I KNOW THAT BUT THE QUESTION IS WHY WOULD YOU PREFER THAT WHEN THE EVIDENCE AND THE DATA PROVE THAT IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER? DO YOU EVEN BELIEVE IN SCIENCE BRO?

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

My comment was about the fact that it seems like some people claim the ONLY way we are going to get back to greatness is to bring back "Nebraska people" like Trev Alberts for AD and Frost for HC of football.  

I said that if that's the case, then that doesn't bode well for the long term future of the program.

IF SCOTT FROST ENDS UP AS GOOD AS IT SEEMS HE WILL EVENTUALLY, THAT BODES QUITE WELL FOR THE LONG TERM FUTURE OF THE PROGRAM.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:01 AM, brophog said:

History doesn't correlate with this at all. Ties to a program get your name on the radar, they shouldn't be any more important than that. You want people that fit, but you're casting too small of a net if you think that means they must have come from the program.

Whenever I think of looking for someone with ''ties to the program'' it's more because they might have more of an interest in actually coming here.  Sometimes wish we had a History with Urban Meyer or Nicky Saban..We never came close to paying Osborne what he could've gotten elsewhere..But he stayed probably because of our ties..  

il_340x270.1133882992_4i70.jpg

Edited by HUSKER 37
  • Plus1 1

I think Husker nation might want to prepare for "not getting Frost". I dont say that because of the article, I am with most of you when you say its just a local writer hoping that Frost says.  I think that ultimately UCF fans/media & UNL fans/media will have zero impact on his decision.  I think Frost doesn't want to be like other coaches, hopping from job to job.  I think there is a strong chance that he stays UCF.  I would be surprised if he lesves for UNL or UF.

With that said, I hope he comes back to Nebraska.

7 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Whenever I think of looking for someone with ''ties to the program'' it's more because they might have more of an interest in actually coming here.  Sometimes wish we had a History with Urban Meyer or Nicky Saban..We never came close to paying Osborne what he could've gotten elsewhere..But he stayed probably because of our ties..  

il_340x270.1133882992_4i70.jpg

This, and more importantly, would have an interest in staying here.