RUMOR--Trev Alberts for AD

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not surprised at all.  An AD search typically isn't something that is as public and full of leaks as a head coaching position.

Agree 100%  Especially with the search firm involved where they can do contacting on behalf of Bounds and Green to gauge interest and do initial screenings of potential candidates.

While this may be genuine for him to take his name out, anyone think it could be some small way to save face? Say we've contacted more qualified AD's who are actually interested and it was looking clear he would not be selected. Instead of looking like a candidate who was not the best choice, by taking his name out the decision looks like it was made by Trev.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

While this may be genuine for him to take his name out, anyone think it could be some small way to save face? Say we've contacted more qualified AD's who are actually interested and it was looking clear he would not be selected. Instead of looking like a candidate who was not the best choice, by taking his name out the decision looks like it was made by Trev.

pamyup.gif

1 hour ago, Sker4Ever said:

Agree 100%.  It's a good PR move by Alberts.  

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/trev-alberts-tells-staff-he-will-not-be-a-candidate/article_b44128fe-a923-11e7-b558-c738743a88ce.html

Good he's taking himself out of speculation. Now we can move on to who the search firm brings us.

This however, we probably won't even hear any names until a source confirms someone has accepted the job. I believe the search is going to stay confidential.

4 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

I'm not being a prick, but I swear, there is no way that this was his call to not be the next AD at Nebraska.

Lol, nice opening. I don't think anyone thinks of you like that, man.

How do you know it was not his decision, though? I mean, I know there's speculation to him ending the football and wrestling programs at UNO to benefit UNL which I don't buy at all but I also don't think Trev is a puppet. 

If you see a dumpster fire, you stay away from said dumpster fire, am I right?

24 minutes ago, FTW said:

Ed Stewart is always a name that comes up. Paul Meyers was supposedly very close to becoming the AD in the mid 80's. It doesn't need to be a flashy hire, IMO but a likeable guy and someone who understands our culture and can help guide and produce a winning tradition.

Paul Meyers was playing baseball at NU in the mid 80s.

• Plus1 2