Sker4Ever    140

While this may be genuine for him to take his name out, anyone think it could be some small way to save face? Say we've contacted more qualified AD's who are actually interested and it was looking clear he would not be selected. Instead of looking like a candidate who was not the best choice, by taking his name out the decision looks like it was made by Trev.

Red Five    3,223
19 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

While this may be genuine for him to take his name out, anyone think it could be some small way to save face? Say we've contacted more qualified AD's who are actually interested and it was looking clear he would not be selected. Instead of looking like a candidate who was not the best choice, by taking his name out the decision looks like it was made by Trev.

pamyup.gif

Xmas32    343
1 hour ago, Sker4Ever said:

Agree 100%.  It's a good PR move by Alberts.  

FTW    377
1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/trev-alberts-tells-staff-he-will-not-be-a-candidate/article_b44128fe-a923-11e7-b558-c738743a88ce.html

Good he's taking himself out of speculation. Now we can move on to who the search firm brings us.

This however, we probably won't even hear any names until a source confirms someone has accepted the job. I believe the search is going to stay confidential.

FTW    377

Ed Stewart is always a name that comes up. Paul Meyers was supposedly very close to becoming the AD in the mid 80's. It doesn't need to be a flashy hire, IMO but a likeable guy and someone who understands our culture and can help guide and produce a winning tradition.

FTW    377
4 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

I'm not being a prick, but I swear, there is no way that this was his call to not be the next AD at Nebraska.

Lol, nice opening. I don't think anyone thinks of you like that, man.

How do you know it was not his decision, though? I mean, I know there's speculation to him ending the football and wrestling programs at UNO to benefit UNL which I don't buy at all but I also don't think Trev is a puppet. 

If you see a dumpster fire, you stay away from said dumpster fire, am I right?

Red Five    3,223
24 minutes ago, FTW said:

Ed Stewart is always a name that comes up. Paul Meyers was supposedly very close to becoming the AD in the mid 80's. It doesn't need to be a flashy hire, IMO but a likeable guy and someone who understands our culture and can help guide and produce a winning tradition.

Paul Meyers was playing baseball at NU in the mid 80s.

FTW    377
5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I misread an article, I know that he did play in the mid 80's lol I meant he was supposedly in line to replace Tom Osborne but we know how that went down.

VectorVictor    1,775
17 hours ago, Red Five said:

Must have been a hell of a baseball player if they were close to naming him AD...

luckyduck    12
3 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

I know nothing about him.  Would like to hear some thoughts from people that do.  At face value from someone who knows absolutely nothing about him, I don't like it.

fire mike    537

Is this the guy that was AD when Huge Freeze was calling prostitutes on recruiting trips?

Nvm... read article and saw it was. Why the f#*k would we hire him?

VectorVictor    1,775
6 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

No interest in an AD thats "allowed" payments to players/recruits at the rate its been rumored.

In his defense, it was at a much lower rate than what the other SEC schools do. :dunno