Shawn Eichorst/Mike Riley positive achievements thread

Mike Riley isn't fired yet so it'd be decent of us to not talk about him like he has been. That said, he has been a great ambassador for Nebraska - the best we've had in any sport since Osborne, I think. He's embraced all of the best things about our program, including the fanbase, with optimism and energy and unbelievable class.

Eichorst seemed to take his job very seriously and professionally. Bo and his players didn't seem to like him as a lawyers/numbers guy or someone cold and distant, but it seems that's just because Eichorst likes to run an AD like a business rather than like a father/mentor. He was always polite and considerate with the media and the public, and even if the Riley hire was a mistake, I think he's handled every situation of "should I fire or not fire this coach" extremely well. He's also done a great job with fiscal responsibility, opening up the checkbook in ways previously never seen at Nebraska, and pushing to expand and grow all of the life skills/academic support sort of areas of support for the student athletes.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Mike Riley isn't fired yet so it'd be decent of us to not talk about him like he has been. That said, he has been a great ambassador for Nebraska - the best we've had in any sport since Osborne, I think. He's embraced all of the best things about our program, including the fanbase, with optimism and energy and unbelievable class.

I agree with you on this.  The reason I wanted him to succeed even though I said "Mike Riley who?" when he was hired.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Eichorst seemed to take his job very seriously and professionally. Bo and his players didn't seem to like him as a lawyers/numbers guy or someone cold and distant, but it seems that's just because Eichorst likes to run an AD like a business rather than like a father/mentor. He was always polite and considerate with the media and the public, and even if the Riley hire was a mistake, I think he's handled every situation of "should I fire or not fire this coach" extremely well. 

Mike Riley for AD?