Shawn Eichorst/Mike Riley positive achievements thread

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

Mike Riley isn't fired yet so it'd be decent of us to not talk about him like he has been. That said, he has been a great ambassador for Nebraska - the best we've had in any sport since Osborne, I think. He's embraced all of the best things about our program, including the fanbase, with optimism and energy and unbelievable class.

Eichorst seemed to take his job very seriously and professionally. Bo and his players didn't seem to like him as a lawyers/numbers guy or someone cold and distant, but it seems that's just because Eichorst likes to run an AD like a business rather than like a father/mentor. He was always polite and considerate with the media and the public, and even if the Riley hire was a mistake, I think he's handled every situation of "should I fire or not fire this coach" extremely well. He's also done a great job with fiscal responsibility, opening up the checkbook in ways previously never seen at Nebraska, and pushing to expand and grow all of the life skills/academic support sort of areas of support for the student athletes.

Isn't it too soon for SE to be writing on here?  This is about the saddest excuse for an ass kissing I have ever read.  SE was a fraud and a fake. Plain and simple.  He can take his money and go.  He never wanted what was best for Nebraska or he wouldn't have hired Riley in the first place.  Career .500 coaches are what they are for a reason.  He was far from a businessman, unless he was a businessman that ran his shop like a dictatorship.  He wanted YesMen to surround himself, just as Harvey taught him

And STPAUL Husker... SE had nothing to do with Volleyball winning the Natl Title cause as Jason Peters said, he gave Coach Cook and the Volleyball Program ZERO support.  

So goodbye and good riddance Shawn.  The door can certainly hit you on the way out.

• Plus1 4

Riley's greatest contribution to Nebraska football is that he has proved it's not impossible to get interest and letters of intent from top talent across all parts of the country.  For too long Nebraska's location has been used as an excuse on why great talent would not step foot on campus, and Riley and his creative staff have done a great job of overcoming that perception.  

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

I like what Riley was able to do off the field. He generally represented Nebraska well.

For Eichorst ... I mean he never murdered anybody or committed any felonies.

Or he just hasn't been caught. ;) 

I do like the nice guy image Riley represented for NE, being one myself.  But I wouldn't even be a .100 winning coach. :) 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I saw Eichorst once. He greeted a couple players by first name and they were all talling to each other like they were buddies.

It's just an anecdote, but I think his aloofness is overstated.

Many people formed their opinion on him based on the words of a mad man who had just been fired by him.

Tommy Armstrong apparently had no fondness for him

bmz_u-iJ_bigger.jpg Tommy Armstrong Jr.

@Tommy_Gun4

Bet my dog coach Bo laughing right now!!!!

@Tommy_Gun4

I'll say what most of us previous players wanted to say. From day 1 he didn't give us a good first impression def during that first meeting

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

Tommy Armstrong apparently had no fondness for him

@Tommy_Gun4

Bet my dog coach Bo laughing right now!!!!

@Tommy_Gun4

I'll say what most of us previous players wanted to say. From day 1 he didn't give us a good first impression def during that first meeting

The players really liked Bo, and he fired Bo. Not exactly a surprising tweet.

And it's kind of douchey of him to talk about Bo laughing.

• Plus1 1