Shawn Eichorst/Mike Riley positive achievements thread

14 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I'm 100% certain that was the case. I remember a lot of rumors that BP could never track SE down for a conversation or to really talk about anything.

There was a secretary or another assistant that worked for SE, that would serve as a gate-keeper for anyone who wanted to meet with SE.  I am sure Eichorst told his assistant to tell Bo that he wasn't in his office anytime Bo came around to chat.

• Plus1 2

All I have to say about this old coach AD discussion is I'm happy things have shaked the way they have. Bo was a decent enough coach, but no comparison to Frost and the staff we have now. The AD in place and all the higher administration is much better now as well and things are looking the best they have around here in years. Its hard not to feel like Frost is the next great Husker coach. I really didn't feel that way about our last 3 thats for sure.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:46 AM, Big Red 40 said:

Nothing good about either one to me.

Harvey Perlman didn't "Like" Pelini and didn't know how to deal with him so instead of hiring a competent AD like Moos, for instance, to try to straighten things out, he brought in Eichorst to fire Pelini.  I thought Pelini was a good enough football COACH , to try to work with him on his other issues .

Eichorst then compounded that error by hiring Mediocre Mike , who was a nice guy, but a lousy coach. The worst three years of Husker football i can remember, ensued. 

Basically glad the whole ordeal is over and very exited that we finally have the right coach and AD in place things are looking up . GBR

Bo was obviously a hot-head, but he wasn't just blowing hot air about Eichorst. He was Perlman's handpicked stooge that avoided Bo like the plague and pinched the purse-strings when it came to needed staffing upgrades. As you said he was there to get rid of Bo, when a real AD would been a firm but supportive hand working towards getting out of the rut we were in. I have no respect for Eichorst, at the time he was canned he was actually about throw Riley under the bus for his boy Diaco. 

I never liked the Riley hire to begin with, you fire a 9-3 coach to make a homerun hire not to bunt and leg one out to first, but at least I could respect the guy. 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't think so.

They did it in Riley's 1st season (SE's 3rd as AD) against Wisconsin and Michigan State. Don't remember them doing it before that.

If I remember correctly, they started playing it my senior year in 2012

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Well ......

Now they both have new jobs.....

Good place for him.  Good hire for Texas.  He did a great job here of internal issues, promoting good communication, motivating coaches to learn from the best coaches in the department, internal relations with players.......I'm sure I'm missing something.

• Plus1 6
On 4/16/2018 at 2:55 PM, Enhance said:

I'm 100% certain that was the case. I remember a lot of rumors that BP could never track SE down for a conversation or to really talk about anything.

I'm skeptical that Bo actually actively sought him out much. With his personality, and Eichorst's role, I bet the two both tried to avoid the other as much as possible. Especially since Miles, Riley, and other coaches all reported they've had great open lines of communication with Eichorst. 

On 4/17/2018 at 6:55 AM, Swiv3D said:

Gotta say that the credit for #2 actually goes to the audio staff

It also started before Eichorst/Riley. Kind of.

We tried it in 2012 as a not so subtle answer to Wisconsin's Jump Around, but the execution of it was botched trying to have the band start it, playing it at the wrong BPM, etc. It was just a bad experiment, it disappeared in 2013/14, then came back in '15 with the Wisconsin game and the Michigan State game.