Why would you fire your Athletic Director in September?

knapplc

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Green and Bounds met on Wednesday to discuss, and informed Eichorst Thursday morning.  Maybe they were busy with other things on those days, and couldn't meet until Wednesday to make the official decision.  I also think that waiting until Thursday takes some pressure off this being a "football decision" and a knee-jerk reaction to the NIU loss, even though it's still a football decision.

Excellent point, I hadn't considered that. Still a tough sell that it isn't a football thing. 

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Severe was surprised it happened today, but not that it happened overall.  He said he had heard that an announcement would probably be happening this coming Sunday/Monday win or lose to Rutgers.

Listening to Severe was really good today.  Like you said, he was not overly surprised at Eichorst being fired.  He must have seen the writing on the wall.  I think firing Eichorst sooner, rather than later allows for more time during the football season for things to play out and allow more time for the AD to be hired.

3 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Since the football season is in the crapper, at least the University is giving us a reason to be intrigued and interested in the football programs moves.

I wouldn't say it's in the crapper just yet.  Let us lose a few more games before we become immersed in s#!t.  :dunno

To me it's still simple.  Win or at least be competitive.  Look at our trend...

We escaped Arkansas St.

Oregon thrashed us...final score was much closer than actual game.  

NIU actually beats us.

Riley has to win...he's under crazy adversity so let's see what happens.  I think his chance of success is low but we'll see if we win.  The fact that we have several key players injured is not helping his cause though.  The thing can just come apart if Rutgers comes in here and wins.  

1 minute ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

I sincerely that's just a formality.

The only reason I could think that they would consult Tom seriously is if they were going to hire a current coach that he knew.  That's either Frost or Bohl (unless they're bringing Frank back).

Otherwise, I'm sure it was just a formality.

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Whether we go 4-8 or 8-4 this season is a disappointment. We are not going anywhere until this staff is gone.

This is exactly why we can't have nice things anymore. Tell me again; how long did it take T. Osborne to win a national championship after inheriting that team and talent from Bob D.? More than 3 years, if I remember correctly.

Again, this is why we can't have nice things, and it's why we won't have nice things in the future.

• Plus1 1