Could Riley Survive this season? (Poll)

Could Riley survive this season?  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think this was done with the timetable in mind of giving the new AD at least time to fire the HC if neccessary. I'll be honest I have no idea what is going on, we don't know who the new AD will be, what their expectations are, what their definition of "Competitiveness" is. 

I will say this, firing Riley after only one year with a revamped staff smells a bit of Solich's fire, I would have liked to see the d get another year but I really don't even know what I want anymore, I'll always be a fan though 12-0 or 0-12. 

24 minutes ago, unlfan said:

Time to rid the program of the cancer that is Mike Riley. No need to prolong it. I, for one, am very proud the administration has made clear today that they will not let a losing culture take hold here. Eichorst and Mike Riley temporarily brought it here, but it must be removed aggressively and swiftly.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but firing coaches does not guarantee success.

2 hours ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

I'd have put "I like Riley and think he's a good person but I think he's in over his head"  I would have chosen that one.

and that is the nail on the head.  You really need a coach that can weather all of the pulls- boosters/fans/athletes/media/history/expectation    It's not for the faint of heart or for the novice 

That was the fastest poll to 80 votes I have ever seen.

Where we stand:

About 84% still think he has a chance at not being fired, with the consensus being around 8-4 and/or and division championship saving his skin.

only about half of us will support Riley if he is retained, with 12% undecided and 38% already writing him off.

I would expect those numbers to change based on each week's results, likely.  Right now we are pretty low.