***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

Here is the Omaha World-Herald's take on who could be the next athletic director.

Chris Del Conte

Chris Del Conte was appointed Texas Christian University's director of intercollegiate athletics in October of 2009. Under Del Conte, five TCU head coaches (Gary Patterson, football; Jim Schlossnagle, baseball; Karen Monez, rifle; David Roditi, men's tennis; Haley Schoolfield, equestrian) have been named National Coach of the Year. Ten sports - baseball, women's basketball, football, women's golf, rifle, men's swimming and diving, men's tennis, women's tennis, women's indoor and outdoor track and field - have won conference titles under Del Conte, who has seen 17 of 21 sports represented in NCAA postseason play.

• Plus1 3

Chris Del Conte from TCU sounds like an interesting guy.  Wonder if he'd bring Patterson with him??  A number of years ago, OU made a great hire at AD that turned OU's programs around. He hired a pretty successful FB coach - Bob Stoops.  We need a guy who can make dynamic decisions and has vision like OU Joe has had.

Just now, TGHusker said:

Chris Del Conte from TCU sounds like an interesting guy.  Wonder if he'd bring Patterson with him??  A number of years ago, OU made a great hire at AD that turned OU's programs around. He hired a pretty successful FB coach - Bob Stoops.  We need a guy who can make dynamic decisions and has vision like OU Joe has had.

Del Conte does seem like an interesting hire.  I doubt he would be able to get Patterson to go with him.  Del Conte has done a lot of great things at TCU.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Del Conte does seem like an interesting hire.  I doubt he would be able to get Patterson to go with him.  Del Conte has done a lot of great things at TCU.

Gary loves Ft Worth. I think if they were still in the MW he might consider it, but not now

Edit: He's also making $5 million per year http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article148416564.html

Edited by GSG5545
  • Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Well, got the current one re-done, but yes it was a huge re-build.  I also like that he was able to hire Jamie Dixon for basketball, and their baseball team is consistently great.

good correction- yes rebuilt into a nice stadium for the school of that size.   So he knows how to raise the money. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

good correction- yes rebuilt into a nice stadium for the school of that size.   So he knows how to raise the money. 

Getting TCU into the Big 12 was huge.  I know that Patterson's success with the football team was the main contributor, but TCU was in danger of being on the same level of SMU before going to the Big 12.  I listen to Dallas-Fort Worth sports radio every day, and they consistently comment on how the TCU athletics have improved greatly in the past decade.

• Plus1 1