***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

Often after an athletic director firing, a school promotes an associate A.D. as an interim. Nebraska has at least 10 associate A.D.s on staff making $150,000 or more annually. None apparently will be chosen to temporarily lead the department.

Rimington reached out to for interim AD spot.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nebraska-reaches-out-to-former-husker-star-dave-rimington-as/article_887ea34a-9f0f-11e7-9d6f-ffd600520b7f.html

If this happens, he has to be the front runner for the full time gig right? Why uproot and come for a couple months and go back to what you were doing before.

Also interesting they aren't going to promote someone within on an interim basis.

1 hour ago, Husker Q said:

Interesting that the ADs say the most important part of the job is culture building. 

Nebraska has had a special culture that Pederson and Eichorst did not know/fit with.  I do like the idea of Alberts or Rimington because they know what Nebraska culture is and should be.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/08/17/athletic-director-rankings-joe-castiglione-kevin-white

What a great article.  What words are used the most to describe the most important traits?

INTEGRITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY.  

Two things that Eichorst had none of.  Neither did Pederson.

Also Culture.

• Plus1 1

I've heard some people (nobody in the know, just speculation) mention Jamie Pollard from Iowa State. I don't think he'd be my first choice, but I think he's worth mentioning.

Iowa State is a difficult place to win and Pollard seems to have done a decent job. I thought the Cyclones would suck at men's basketball after Fred Houberg left, but it seems like they haven't missed a beat. I think Matt Campbell was a solid hire in football. I don't know if Pollard hired Paul Rhoades or not.

Pollard claimed he wasn't a candidate, but that's what everyone says until they're hired. Anyways, he wouldn't be my first choice, but I figured he was probably worth mentioning.

5 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yeah it's hard to say.  One could argue that he (after he stepped down) handed the program over to Solich and hired Bo and look how both of those decisions turned out.  Ultimately it won't be him making the decision.  

Both of those were good, sound decisions.

17 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

I can only name about four ADs, and I'm pretty sure Greg Byrne isn't leaving Alabama or Joe Castiglione leaving Oklahoma.

So I guess Chris Del Conte is my leader in the clubhouse until someone puts forward a better option or Del Conte says no.

Throw as much money as you can muster at Byrne, then start sacrificing goats to whatever gods you need to. 

• Plus1 1

As this article states, if MR is fired, then we will be paying a total of $379,000 per month for Bo, SE, MR.   $4,548,000 per year up to Feb, 2019 

BO: $128,000 a month through February of 2019

SE:  $81,000 a month through June of 2019

MR: $170,000 a month through end of season 2020 (if fired at end of season or sooner)

While this is a lot of money, I believe the admin has made the decision that it is a small price to pay to right the ship and do it correctly this time around.

https://hailvarsity.com/s/2251/the-price-to-pay-for-nebraskas-rebuild

• Plus1 1