***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

Jus to let you know where the CSU AD rumors are coming from.

Supposedly there is a guy who tracked the tail numbers of a plane from Miami and reported that they were going after their football coach.......shortly before they actually hired him.

This same guy supposedly has tracked the tail numbers of a Nebraska plane landing in Fort Collins either last night or this morning.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Jus to let you know where the CSU AD rumors are coming from.

Supposedly there is a guy who tracked the tail numbers of a plane from Miami and reported that they were going after their football coach.......shortly before they actually hired him.

This same guy supposedly has tracked the tail numbers of a Nebraska plane landing in Fort Collins either last night or this morning.

I'm sure that's correct. 

But considering they said they're hiring a search firm yesterday, I don't see any way they are on the road to do interviews already.

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

USA Today database of athletic department revenues/expenses from 2016.  This looks to be only public schools, so no TCU for instance.

Nebraska #22 in revenue at $112M (and that w/o a full share of BTN money).  Expenses of $104M.

For the record, Omaha is #132 in revenue at $20M and expenses of $22M.

That doesn't include TV revenue though, does it?

17 hours ago, Cornhole said:

Ugh, this would be woefully myopic.  

I agree.

Alberts is a good candidate, but he's not a great candidate. He really shouldn't even be their focus right now. I agree with what one writer put it as earlier - he's a Plan B hire. The first two priorities for the next athletic director should be:

1) The proven ability make a strong football hire and history of operating a successful college football program

2) The ability connect with boosters, fans, players and coaches while simultaneously respecting Nebraska's culture and tradition

At some point, Nebraska is going to have to learn to win without the glory days coaches/players.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think he is the hardass that made McElwain pay like 2 mill to leave for UF...Love it!  Ha

Good memory

Florida's courtship of the Colorado State coach became public knowledge earlier this week, and even though Florida tweeted that it had "productive" conversations with McElwain, reports on Wednesday claimed that McElwain's $7.5 million buyout at Colorado State had stalled any negotiations.

Florida will pay Colorado State $3 million over six years while McElwain will pay $2 million of the buyout. Colorado State will then be paid $2 million for a future game in Gainesville between 2017 and 2020.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/florida-hires-colorado-states-jim-mcelwain/

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, alwayshusking said:

Does kind of feel that Trev and Frost are the way things will shake out but I do hope they do a proper search for both positions.

18 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This is all a waste of time.  It's Alberts.  

Cant say I'm his biggest fan, but that's the way it's going to be.

Since I was not born and bred I will always be an "outsider" I suppose, but I am slightly nervous about this route if Alberts and Frost are both hired too quickly (HC being inevitable).  There is so much that goes into the right choice.  Would you say most within the state are overwhelmingly in favor of this? 

15 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

Since I was not born and bred I will always be an "outsider" I suppose, but I am slightly nervous about this route if Alberts and Frost are both hired too quickly (HC being inevitable).  There is so much that goes into the right choice.  Would you say most within the state are overwhelmingly in favor of this? 

Because they are extremely short sighted and want a return to the glory days, something they feel can only be achieved with people that were a part of the program during said days.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

It doesn't state it is excluded.  And I don't know why it wouldn't include TV?

You're right, it is included:

Rights/Licensing: Includes revenue for athletics from radio and television broadcasts, Internet and e-commerce rights received from institution-negotiated contracts, the NCAA and conference revenue-sharing arrangements; and revenue from corporate sponsorships, licensing, sales of advertisements, trademarks and royalties. Includes the value of in-kind products and services provided as part of a corporate sponsorship (e.g., equipment, apparel, soft drinks, water and isotonic products). Also includes revenue from food, concessions and parking.

22 hours ago, Red Five said:

Love Hank and Ronnie are hiring a search firm.  Leads me to believe it will be a true national search and not just Trev.

Agreed. It sounds like Trev is probably who everyone will be judged against.

But if they get some good candidates in for interviews, I don't think Trev will look nearly as appealing.