***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

Would just like to say that if everyone believes Trev Alberts and Scott Frost are shoe-ins for the AD/HC jobs at Nebraska, then Bounds, Green and the search firm should do everything they can to interview candidates in order to eliminate them from consideration.  If they do that and these 2 are still standing, then you know they made the right hires.

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, Enhance said:

I feel like they would've named Boehm the interim from the get go if that's who they wanted. Since they haven't, I imagine they wanted to try a few other people first.

I don't know why we're getting worked up about the interim AD? Boehm is there so make him the interim until they hire the new one.

9 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I don't know why we're getting worked up about the interim AD? Boehm is there so make him the interim until they hire the new one.

I think they want to make a statement with the interim position and, possibly, set the culture tone early for what they're trying to do. Otherwise, I don't know why you hold off this long.

4 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Would just like to say that if everyone believes Trev Alberts and Scott Frost are shoe-ins for the AD/HC jobs at Nebraska, then Bounds, Green and the search firm should do everything they can to interview candidates in order to eliminate them from consideration.  If they do that and these 2 are still standing, then you know they made the right hires.

Sounds good to me.

FWIW: Shatel was on The Bottom Line today and said he thinks Nebraska already has an AD in mind and a coach. But, he said he wasn't going to write about it and didn't have any hard evidence to support the claim, so it's basically just a fun rumor nugget for everyone.

5 hours ago, Melby said:

Why does no one have an issue with Mullen being 4-29 against ranked opponents?

Because he is at Miss State and those 29 losses probably majority come from losing to Alabama, LSU, Texas AM that one year, and whoever their SEC Cross over with Florida or Georgia. Again, he's at Miss State. Those 4 wins against ranked teams while at Miss State is impressive enough.

9 minutes ago, Toe said:

Any word on an interim AD? Osborne was named interim AD just one day after Pederson was fired.

I don't think there is an obvious, internal candidate for interim AD right now.  Word is they are looking at Dave Rimington, who may have desire to stay with the athletic department in some capacity, if he's not hired as the full-time AD.

38 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Because he is at Miss State and those 29 losses probably majority come from losing to Alabama, LSU, Texas AM that one year, and whoever their SEC Cross over with Florida or Georgia. Again, he's at Miss State. Those 4 wins against ranked teams while at Miss State is impressive enough.

It's utterly mind-boggling that there are still so many people clinging to the "He won a couple games one year at a s#!tty P5 school, imagine what he could do at Nebraska!" idea after what we've seen from Riley...

• Plus1 4