***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

18 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

I have 4 possible reasons why Alberts isnt interviewing.

1.  Powers to be, already know what football coach they want, and thats not the direction Alberts wants to go.

2.  Dr. Tom, has advised him this is a bad time to take this position.  This is a position right now that maybe not have a solid answer to what the future is.  Everything is hanging on what happens this season.  The pressure of this position is going to be tremendously stressful for the next few years.  Natives are restless.

3.  Trev knows the inner circles on the school.  He knows already who they have pinpointed to be the next AD.  Why go thru the embarrasment of getting rejected for a different name to get announced.  

4.  Restoring the order.............this process might be to overwhelming for a Husker legend to conquer. The fanbase is split.  Money is split.  This is maybe this programs lowest point in many years.  I have a feeling that over time, we will figure out what the real reason is for him to withdraw his name, but its not because he doesn't want it!

I believe the bolded to be true.  If so, does it really matter who we hire as AD?  How can an AD be held accountable for a hire they didn't really make?  We're not in the same position we were two decades ago when Byrne wanted to hire Bob Stoops but TO pulled rank and got Solich the job.  The next AD's job should be pretty cushy for a while if the boosters already have their coach selected. 

There's are some rumors that a decision has been made based on a listen of the Carriker Chronicles.  One with DR made it sound like a person was hired, and made it sound like it was a former Husker not named TA.   I'm listening to it now to see if get the same vibe from it.

I haven't seen this posted:

One candidate multiple industry insiders have pointed to as a target with interest from Nebraska is Ole Miss athletics director Ross Bjork, who grew up and went to college nearby in Kansas and is one of the superstar fundraisers in the business. 

Were it not for his current program going through a lengthy NCAA enforcement process that uncovered 21 alleged football violations, 15 of which were of the most serious Level 1 variety, and a lack of institutional control charge, he would be a slam dunk for the job. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2017/10/05/barry-odom-missouri-needs-to-show-improvement/735883001/