***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

Very good interview. He isn't going to become the full-time AD. I know people already know that, but he remains consistent on that. He talked about the football program, AD search and more. On the AD search, he talked about the need to hire someone that understands the Nebraska culture and also understands other things like the walkon program. Sounds to me that we could end up hiring someone with Nebraska ties. I know Jeff Long and Brett are the latest rumors that will end up being false. Doesn't sound like they are going down that path. Tom Osborne will have say in the search process (or  has already). Like it or not, that is what he talked about so it would be reasonable to expect that kind of result when the hire is announced. Ed Stewart is my guess on who gets hired. 

On the football side of things, he repeated several times about the need to win more football games. He spends time with donors and others of the level during football games so you can assume that his thinking will be different now than when he came back for a few weeks based on the desires of the donors. He stated the culture in the athletic department is good, but they need to win more football games. You could tell he almost tripped up by saying "we gott get a .." then caught himself and changed the course of the sentence. 

http://www.1620thezone.com/SharpandBenningPodcastPage.aspx

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Albert Sweinstein said:

Hey Husker fans, Razorbacks fan here.

I was just curious if any of you have heard about our current AD Jeff Long possibly becoming the Nebraska's AD. There is word starting to circulate that is the case, but I'm just curious if any of you have heard anything on your end. Thanks.

There hasn't been much as far as rumors at all.  But.....PLEASE keep your coach so he doesn't come to Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Albert Sweinstein said:

I was just curious if any of you have heard about our current AD Jeff Long possibly becoming the Nebraska's AD. There is word starting to circulate that is the case, but I'm just curious if any of you have heard anything on your end. Thanks.

From about 10 posts up, he seems to fit with the word that multiple SEC athletic directors are interested...

On 10/9/2017 at 9:18 AM, Red Five said:

Nebraska: There is chatter circulating that Nebraska has been kicking the tires on TCU AD Chris Del Conte. However, sources tell FootballScoop Del Conte is not expected to leave Fort Worth for Lincoln. We have been hearing of multiple sitting athletic directors, including in the SEC, who have signaled their interest in the position. Ole Miss AD Ross Bjork has publicly stated he is not a candidate. Will update as more is clear

Let's take a look around the SEC to see who that might be.  Arkansas Jeff Long seems like a darkhorse to me.  Or the guy at Mizzou because that school is a sinking ship?  Byrne would be a home run.  Currie at UT would make sense b/c he was at KSU,  but he just started at UT.

Arkansas - Jeff Long - Been at Arky 10 years.  Replaced Pedey at Pitt when Pedey took NU job.  Hired/fired Petrino.  Former CFB Playoff chair.  May want to leave get get away from Bert's $15M buyout?

14 minutes ago, Albert Sweinstein said:

Jeff Long is the latest rumors. There have been rumors of the AD at TCU and the AD at Ole Miss. People are just guessing. The interim AD was on the radio this morning talking about the AD search and from what he was saying there isn't a lead candidate right now. 

The easiest way to spot a potential hire before news breaks is to follow the AD's on twitter and just randomly check their latest follows once a day and if you see someone starting to follow Nebraska accounts, then you will have found the hire. It may not go down that way, but it is the easiest way to find the answer to who will be hired before the news breaks. 

4 minutes ago, fire mike said:

TO already had his shot. He was a great HC, but I still question his abilities at AD and really wish he wouldn't be involved in this process.

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

The further away from Tom this decision is, the better. 

Yeah, we certainly don't want any more of those 70%+ winning coaches.

• Plus1 8

2 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Yeah, we certainly don't want any more of those 70%+ winning coaches.

Which one would that be, the one that went .500 after his predecessor's recruits left campus, or the one that did everything in his power to alienate the fanbase while also proving unable to stop a jet sweep? 

• Plus1 2