***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

But I think MR's identity is tied directly to his offensive philosophy and will stick with and that includes his OC and Cav - the 2 guys that are tied together wt MR to that philosophy.  I think Cav may be to MR what Cosgrove was to BC.  For sure Langs is but I think it reaches down to Cav.   Our problem last year wasn't just the D, we had inconsistent play from the OL.  But MR fires the DC and doesn't touch the O.  Perhaps thinking the QB will be the difference maker.  Well, it appears that coaching has a part in it too.   At this point, I see MR going down wt his offensive coaches. 

There really isn't anything objectively wrong with Riley's offense. There's nothing that sticks out in the playbook as being a scheme that can't win championships.

As you go on to point out, it's the line play. Imagine also a scenario where not only our offensive line is playing roughly as well as say, Michigan State & Penn State's but also one where Bryant is suffering from chronic knee stuff. This offense is a good one, there's practically no doubt in my mind.

But our offensive line play has been bad in this first half of the season. And it's killing us and as you mention, it's quite possibly the main factor that will lead to Riley's firing.

*Edit: I meant to say Michigan & Penn State

• Plus1 2

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

So you think Husker fans need to be more patient and less demanding of their football coaches? 

No I do not, I think they should continue to demand excellent football and championships.  Most of what people refer to was "the tape" on how big bad Bo hated the fans.  This was recorded after a win, when half the stadium left.  I had no problem with his anger at that point, because I was just as angry to watch them walk infront on me.  My emotions were in line with his, fans think he is actually reffering to them personally, which is quite hilarious.  We fired the big bad "toxic" man (which is completely BS rhetoric), but some fans just like to fall back on it.  

Look what happened since his players have cycled out of the program, weak mental game, emotionally uninterested, tell me what hope you see provided in the play on the field.  I demand that we dont look like these things, things that bad football teams look like.  I demand watching a TEAM play.

• Plus1 1

On 10/9/2017 at 1:55 PM, Cdog923 said:

It's been open for, what, 2 and a half weeks? AD searches take time, especially when you hire one of the best search firms in the country. 

Patience, grasshopper. 

EDIT: It seems I Bo Ruud'd this one. 

What is to "Bo Ruud" something? 

The only thing I could think of would be to intercept something and take a conspicuously long and improbable path to the end zone. 

13 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

No I do not, I think they should continue to demand excellent football and championships.  Most of what people refer to was "the tape" on how big bad Bo hated the fans.  This was recorded after a win, when half the stadium left.  I had no problem with his anger at that point, because I was just as angry to watch them walk infront on me.  My emotions were in line with his, fans think he is actually reffering to them personally, which is quite hilarious.  We fired the big bad "toxic" man (which is completely BS rhetoric), but some fans just like to fall back on it.  

Look what happened since his players have cycled out of the program, weak mental game, emotionally uninterested, tell me what hope you see provided in the play on the field.  I demand that we dont look like these things, things that bad football teams look like.  I demand watching a TEAM play.

Yeah. That game in question was a .500 Ohio State team, where Bo's Huskers had turned in a lifeless first half performance at home after a wake-up shellacking in Wisconsin the week before. The charge back then sounded a like like what you say here: Bo's team seemed mentally weak and emotionally uninterested. 

A smattering of fans left after the Huskers fell behind 27 - 6, but the vast majority stayed and cheered wildly as the team engineered the biggest comeback in Nebraska history.  Everyone celebrated that awesome finale except Bo Pelini -- obsessed over the handful of fans who left, vindictive of the local sports reporters who had rightly questioned the team's recent performance, and announcing his intention to get the hell out state, a threat he backed up by having his agent put him up for any P5 job from 2011 on. 

I didn't necessarily think Pelini was mean or toxic — and I certainly didn't consider him badass — I just thought he acted like a child.

It would be ridiculous for any AD to keep a coach who didn't want to be here.  

• Plus1 3

Talking about winning culture and someone with Nebraska ties, Barry Alvarez fits the mold for both of those things. Not sure how interested he would be but you don't know until you try! He has seen his wiscy program destroy his alma mater and maybe feels he needs to bring a winning culture to Nebraska before he retires. Just imagine Scott Frost learning from Barry on the ins and outs of running a winning p5 program, while letting Scott do his thing that works best. 

This most likely will not happen, but as we know stranger things have happened.

If we do not get Barry I would not mind Joe Parker from CSU, he would be a great hire. 

14 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Talking about winning culture and someone with Nebraska ties, Barry Alvarez fits the mold for both of those things. Not sure how interested he would be but you don't know until you try! He has seen his wiscy program destroy his alma mater and maybe feels he needs to bring a winning culture to Nebraska before he retires. Just imagine Scott Frost learning from Barry on the ins and outs of running a winning p5 program, while letting Scott do his thing that works best. 

This most likely will not happen, but as we know stranger things have happened.

If we do not get Barry I would not mind Joe Parker from CSU, he would be a great hire. 

Hiring Barry Alvarez would be the best AD hire in Husker history 

24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah. That game in question was a .500 Ohio State team, where Bo's Huskers had turned in a lifeless first half performance at home after a wake-up shellacking in Wisconsin the week before. The charge back then sounded a like like what you say here: Bo's team seemed mentally weak and emotionally uninterested. 

A smattering of fans left after the Huskers fell behind 27 - 6, but the vast majority stayed and cheered wildly as the team engineered the biggest comeback in Nebraska history.  Everyone celebrated that awesome finale except Bo Pelini -- obsessed over the handful of fans who left, vindictive of the local sports reporters who had rightly questioned the team's recent performance, and announcing his intention to get the hell out state, a threat he backed up by having his agent put him up for any P5 job from 2011 on. 

I didn't necessarily think Pelini was mean or toxic — and I certainly didn't consider him badass — I just thought he acted like a child.

It would be ridiculous for any AD to keep a coach who didn't want to be here.  

There wasn't but 40000 people left in that stadium, I was there.  People have emotional outbursts in situations of stress, even with success, fans took it personal, not my problem as I didn't.  And still don't think he was wrong in acting like that.  Poor choice of words, sure.  O by the way the record of that Ohio St. team means zero to your point.  Let's not start on the fact Riley has in fact lost to worse teams then Bo ever did.