***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

3 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Not saying you're wrong, but I would sort of expect Bounds for say that regardless. Leaks will hinder the search. 

Saying we have started to interview candidates doesn't mean it will automatically lead to lakes. Rimmington was on the radio yesterday talking about the search and he was talking about what they are looking for in candidates. I'm sure interviews will start soon regardless. 

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What does this mean from Rimington?

Is he hinting about the speed of the AD search, and that it's nearing completion?

2 and a half weeks is the end of the month. They probably want someone hired by the end of the month. To get things done before he leaves he will need to be getting it done now before he is out the door. 

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Saying we have started to interview candidates doesn't mean it will automatically lead to lakes. Rimmington was on the radio yesterday talking about the search and he was talking about what they are looking for in candidates. I'm sure interviews will start soon regardless. 

I know and could be complete possible. But what about a scenario where we state we have interviewed and another candidate gets a call in a week, there's the possibility they realize they were potentially down the board.... does that factor into their decision?

9 hours ago, TheSker said:

Also in hindsight......

By 2011, when Osborne (the aforementioned "still named") was AD, the Perlman shenanigans were fully underway.  It wasn't just Pelini that Perlman had his sights set on to push out.  He actually succeeded in pushing Osborne out first.

Pelini was aware.

Pelini demonstrated the same bridge burning tendencies in his first tenure at Nebraska in 2003, then again the moment he started taking heat as a head coach here, and again in the safe bosom of Jim Tressel and his hometown Youngstown State.

Foresight, hindsight and middlesight — Bo Pelini is 97% responsible for the reputation that follows him everywhere.   

• Plus1 3
17 hours ago, krc1995 said:

I'm going to give TO a pass on Bo.  Bo was a good coach, just not meant to be a head coach of a team that is constantly under the microscope like us.  He could not have predicted Bo's national meltdowns and I mean emotional meltdowns, not team losses.  

I'm going to give TO a pass on Bo as well, but it's not for the same reason.  I really do think TO's hands were tied with regards to hiring Bo.  He hired who he was told to hire.  In terms of Bo's meltdowns, there were signs.  Back in 03', Bo went full Bo on Snyder after the KState game. 

• Adam Krueger Retweeted Mike'l Severe

Sounds like the AD search is starting to move along despite Bounds saying no interviews have been done yet #Huskers

Adam Krueger added,

Mike'l Severe @MikelSevere
    More from @drimington "I only have a limited time, I probably only have 1 or 2 weeks or maybe three to get things done"
    1 reply0 retweets2 likes

Retweet

Direct message
pflOk4o4_bigger.pngMike'l Severe @MikelSevere
FollowFollow @MikelSevere
More
Replying to @AdamKruegerTV

Next week is the bye week. Wink wink.

37 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why would someone lie about something that is so easily proved wrong?  WE HAVE VIDEO OF THE GAME.

Here's screen caps from about five minutes left in the 4th quarter on, various parts of the crowd. The stadium is still 90% full.

nZPU65S.png

IY5aFAw.png

GhGhU21.png

It took me less than a minute to pull that up on YouTube and screen cap those.  Do some basic research before making these ridiculous claims.

I would genuinely like an answer to this question. Why would you delete half a stadium of deliriously happy Nebraska fans in your mind? Just to support your case for a coach you thought was unjustly fired?

And how do you do it with a straight face, knowing it only takes seconds to be proven dead wrong?

I'm asking for Sean Spicer. 

• Plus1 2