***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I would genuinely like an answer to this question. Why would you delete half a stadium of deliriously happy Nebraska fans in your mind? Just to support your case for a coach you thought was unjustly fired?

And how do you do it with a straight face, knowing it only takes seconds to be proven dead wrong?

I'm asking for Sean Spicer. 

To be fair we don't know what KingBlank's face looks like.  He could look like Sloth from the Goonies.  Nothing straight about that face

7 minutes ago, unlfan said:

Any criticizing of TO for the Bo hire is revisionist history. Everybody around the program, including the fans, wanted Bo. He had been here before, just lead a top defense to a national title, and was one of the hottest coordinators in the game. It was a no brainer.

Also, id day it was a pretty good hire. He took a program that was in the gutter and turned it into a pretty good, not great, winner. He plateaued and it was time to part ways, but it was a successful hire.

I think the criticism of TO for this hire is that the only other 2 people that were interviewed was Jim Grobe and Turner Gill.

Osborne didn't really try too hard to get the best coach for the program

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I think the criticism of TO for this hire is that the only other 2 people that were interviewed was Jim Grobe and Turner Gill.

Osborne didn't really try too hard to get the best coach for the program

Without the luxury of hindsight, There was no reason to think Pelini wasn't the best coach for the program.  

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I'm not saying he was or wasn't.  I'm saying TO didn't try hard enough to make sure.

How do you know?  I heard he tried to get an interview with Patterson.  Maybe those were the only three that would talk to him.

Also, that last part really has me stumped.  How does any AD "make sure"???

1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

I don't have a link that shows a quote of him saying it, but he was meeting with some people today and one of the media people stated that. 

So, any rumor that you have heard about so and so AD being a lock, having an offer, etc, is complete and utterly BS made up by desperate insider wannabes. 

1 hour ago, junior4949 said:

I'm going to give TO a pass on Bo as well, but it's not for the same reason.  I really do think TO's hands were tied with regards to hiring Bo.  He hired who he was told to hire.  In terms of Bo's meltdowns, there were signs.  Back in 03', Bo went full Bo on Snyder after the KState game. 

Who told TO to hire Bo? 

Just now, Isle of View said:

How do you know?  I heard he tried to get an interview with Patterson.  Maybe those were the only three that would talk to him.

Also, that last part really has me stumped.  How does any AD "make sure"???

If you think someone is the best for the job.  You try to find someone that will rule them out.  And if Turner Gill and Jim Grobe are the eliminators, then you aren't doing a good job.

And lol at the only 3 that would talk to him

2 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

One more thing . . . I guess I don't even need to ask what you thought of Eichorst's process, eh?

Same answer.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

In hindsight....most of Husker Nation thought Pelini was a great hire in 2008, and even in his final days Pelini probably had more Husker supporters than detractors. 

The blowouts and/or on-field meltdowns were starting to wear on a lot of fans... the leaked audio didn't help matters...

but I think you are right; especially considering who we hired.

Had we known that Bo would be replaced by a relatively unknown, .500 coach; only the biggest of detractors would have went along with the firing/hiring. imho.

Personally, I didn't mind the firing; but I certainly would have rather retained Bo than hired MR (and I'm not just speaking from hindsight, I felt that way minutes after I read MR was hired & looked up his coaching history on wikipedia).

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

If you think someone is the best for the job.  You try to find someone that will rule them out.  And if Turner Gill and Jim Grobe are the eliminators, then you aren't doing a good job.

And lol at the only 3 that would talk to him

Why is that a lol?  If he was telling prospective coaches that he wanted them to keep the offensive staff as was rumored, you think someone like Nick Saban would've given him the time of day?