***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Sure, everybody knows and loves her. Any of the assistants can write a contract.

Explain how Devaney and Osborne were qualified?

I have never heard of Karen Jennings before you brought her name up in this thread.  I am sure I'm not the only one.  There is no way she would be the highest qualified person for this position.

Edited by Frost Advisory

10 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

I also have no clue who Karen Jennings is. A quick Google search shows she either played basketball for Nebraska in the 90s or is a fictional character on the tv show Gotham.

If she knows Batman though, it may change my opinion of her. 

That last sentence automatically qualifies you for post of the year. Good stuff. 

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

I’d prefer mullens solely based on how long butchered Bielema’s contract. 

It's not as bad as once thought:

"

Bielema’s actual buyout is determined by a formula included within the language of his original deal, which was made effective Dec. 4, 2012, and signed the next August.

It uses the $15.4 million figure as a numerator and divides that by the total number of months (97) in the full term of his contract. That figure of $158,762.88, called the “monthly value of the total guaranty payment,” would then be multiplied by the remaining number of months on the contract, which runs through Dec. 31, 2020.

Based on that equation, Arkansas would owe Bielema about $5.874 million to terminate his contract after the season concludes Nov. 24, plus a prorated amount for any partial months of employment."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/bret-bielemas-arkansas-buyout-may-not-nearly-high-commonly-believed/

Edited by theknife
  • Plus1 1