***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

34 minutes ago, WSCHusker said:

I think its worth noting that Scott Bilo was the person who made the infamous terrible Nebraska pre-season preview. FWIW

Ya you are correct.  Guy has no credibility. Hopefully he saw it somewhere else and is claiming it as his own, though he didn’t even put that much effort in his preseason preview. 

A year ago Mullens signed a contract with a base salary (before bonuses) $717k/yr. Eichorst was already making well past that. Also interesting: "According to the new contract, Mullens does not owe a buyout to the UO should he leave before 2024." Though the question might be how bad does Knight want to keep him?

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/07/oregon_athletic_directors_new.html

Edited by Toe

15 minutes ago, Toe said:

A year ago Mullens signed a contract with a base salary (before bonuses) $717k/yr. Eichorst was already making well past that. Also interesting: "According to the new contract, Mullens does not owe a buyout to the UO should he leave before 2024." Though the question might be how bad does Knight want to keep him?

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/07/oregon_athletic_directors_new.html

Knight signs off on everything anyways. He basically runs the place. 

Are Knight and Mullens close friends?   Would we be dragging Nike into the subject?  

I was just up in Eugene, everything there seems to be top notch.  Is that because of Mullens or Knight?  I understand the money part, but is the vision of the AD truly his vision or that of Mr. Nike.  

Just want what ever is best for Nebraska, really have no idea of who is qualified to do the job, but when you have as many Associate AD's as we do, it would seem there should be some one in a training program.  

Of course the faster the better, we have enough turmoil going on, would like to see it end as soon as possible.  

30 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Are Knight and Mullens close friends?   Would we be dragging Nike into the subject?  

I was just up in Eugene, everything there seems to be top notch.  Is that because of Mullens or Knight?  I understand the money part, but is the vision of the AD truly his vision or that of Mr. Nike.  

Just want what ever is best for Nebraska, really have no idea of who is qualified to do the job, but when you have as many Associate AD's as we do, it would seem there should be some one in a training program.  

Of course the faster the better, we have enough turmoil going on, would like to see it end as soon as possible.  

It's probably a little bit of both.  Oregon started to ramp up their facilities before Mullens got there.  It should be noted that Knight doesn't just give money for athletics, he and his wife pledged $500mm (yes that's million) for Oregon to build a new science center.

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2016/10/phil_and_penny_knight_will_giv.html

Any good AD is going to know how to maximize an asset like Knight.  

I would be very surprised if Nebraska switched over to Nike.