***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

Just now, Hans Gruber said:

I can only name about four ADs, and I'm pretty sure Greg Byrne isn't leaving Alabama or Joe Castiglione leaving Oklahoma.

So I guess Chris Del Conte is my leader in the clubhouse until someone puts forward a better option or Del Conte says no.

That's the hard thing about AD hiring is that you really can't name a bunch of candidates, outside the ones that have Nebraska ties.  I'm not tied to the next AD needing NU ties.  It seems like Del Conte seems to be the best of current AD's that may listen to coming to NU, but who knows if he would have any interest.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

That's the hard thing about AD hiring is that you really can't name a bunch of candidates, outside the ones that have Nebraska ties.  I'm not tied to the next AD needing NU ties.  It seems like Del Conte seems to be the best of current AD's that may listen to coming to NU, but who knows if he would have any interest.

Makes sense. And the only way to find out if he'd leave is to ask him.

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

Just curious: when hiring an athletic director are we obliged to talk about volleyball, basketball, baseball or any of the 24 teams falling under the Athletic Department's watch?

Or is it just about the football coach he might hire?

Football is obviously the bell cow at NU, but you can get a candidate's view on "other sports" and see successes they have had there.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Just curious: when hiring an athletic director are we obliged to talk about volleyball, basketball, baseball or any of the 24 teams falling under the Athletic Department's watch?

Or is it just about the football coach he might hire?

Pretty much just the football coach he might hire. 

Let's face it, even if much of the rest of the ath dept is having success it's considered a failure if the football program is struggling.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, alwayshusking said:

Pretty much just the football coach he might hire. 

Let's face it, even if much of the rest of the ath dept is having success it's considered a failure if the football program is struggling.

This is true but I can't help but wonder with all the resources put into the shiny new basketball complex and arena with 1 NCAA Tourney loss to show for it that might have an effect or the previous woman's coach abusing players or whatever got her in trouble.