HOL HD: Mike Riley talks Eichorst dismissal

HuskerMav11

Riley is a great guy man. It seems the writing is probably on the wall here, but I hope that when it's over our program/fanbase/state can view him with respect and appreciation as a man rather than with animosity as a failed coach. He's done everything right besides win enough games, which most of the most successful coaches of all time are usually quick to say don't mean all that much in the grand scheme of life. 

55 minutes ago, unlfan said:

He's making $2M per year. With that kind of salary, comes serious job demands. And he gets every dime even if he is canned. He's a multi millionaire set for life.

I don't feel sorry for him in the least.

There's literally hundreds of examples of people who can show you that money isn't all that great. You can be a millionaire and still struggle in pretty much any area of life other than not having to worry about shelter/food. Try out some empathy once in a while.

• Plus1 5
8 hours ago, Landlord said:

Riley is a great guy man. It seems the writing is probably on the wall here, but I hope that when it's over our program/fanbase/state can view him with respect and appreciation as a man rather than with animosity as a failed coach. He's done everything right besides win enough games, which most of the most successful coaches of all time are usually quick to say don't mean all that much in the grand scheme of life. 

There's literally hundreds of examples of people who can show you that money isn't all that great. You can be a millionaire and still struggle in pretty much any area of life other than not having to worry about shelter/food. Try out some empathy once in a while.

Of course money isn't everything, but college football is a business.  It is also performance based industry and he was not able to produce.  That is one reason the salaries are so large.  Most coaches will not work at the same place for very long.  MR understands this and I am sure he will be just fine.  

On 9/22/2017 at 1:28 AM, Landlord said:

MR has had an amazing life.  He married his college sweetheart, a great family, for over 40 years he has got to make a great living doing exactly what he wanted to do, his dream job.  He has been able to take care of himself and his family, his friends as well.  He has been able to influence many people in great ways.  Most of us hope just for a great family that is healthy.  He has really had it all, through hard work, connections and probably some luck (like most people need) he has really had it all.  

I feel happy for him.  I hope that everyone I know and care about can have a life and 45 year career that mirrors his.  Empathy is sharing and understanding the feelings of others.  MR should feel nothing but happiness and pride for how his life has turned out.  I don't think he struggles in any area in his life.  He seems to be about as happy and well adjusted as a person could be.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:28 AM, Landlord said:

I love the human aspect of some of our fan base.  

• Plus1 1