Barfknecht Nails it to Eichorst

Today and tomorrow you will be reading it all.  All the columns and thoughts and tweets that have been saved up because this is what vitriol he has caused from everyone in the 'Know".  

All of the stuff I have been preaching. It's all coming out now.  As it should!  Get it all out.  Get out the cancer that has taken hold of the Husker Athletic Program for the last 15 Years.  Everything that was bred under Harvey.  It's time to bury it all and climb back out from the abyss.

What a Great Day the is!!  There is nothing negative in this firing.  This had to happen.  And the next guy will be ready, willing and able to take back what is ours and do it the right way once again.

There will be no hope for Riley unless he basically wins out.  And if he does...more power to him.  He will have deserved to keep his job.  But we all know that's not happening with his program.

RNUTG!!!

5 minutes ago, returnnutoglory95 said:

Today and tomorrow you will be reading it all.  All the columns and thoughts and tweets that have been saved up because this is what vitriol he has caused from everyone in the 'Know".  

All of the stuff I have been preaching. It's all coming out now.  As it should!  Get it all out.  Get out the cancer that has taken hold of the Husker Athletic Program for the last 15 Years.  Everything that was bred under Harvey.  It's time to bury it all and climb back out from the abyss.

What a Great Day the is!!  There is nothing negative in this firing.  This had to happen.  And the next guy will be ready, willing and able to take back what is ours and do it the right way once again.

There will be no hope for Riley unless he basically wins out.  And if he does...more power to him.  He will have deserved to keep his job.  But we all know that's not happening with his program.

RNUTG!!!

:facepalm:

• Plus1 3
Just now, Hayseed said:

I've run out of free articles.

Summary:

Eichorst Highest paid AD in country. Made coaches read a lot of books. Didn't meet with them in person much. Boosters didn't like dealing with him. Irrelevant call to Alvarez by Lee. Rabble rabble rabble about other stuff. Has 10 assistant ADs that make a lot of money and we don't trust any of them to hold the interim title.

• Plus1 4

Three years into Eichorst’s five years at Nebraska, veteran coaches told me they had been assigned more books to read by their boss than they had one-on-one meetings with him.

...coaches regularly chafed at their lack of interaction with Eichorst, and the paperwork roadblocks his administration put up with little explanation of why.

Exactly what Bo said about Eichorst, even though an awful lot of people didn't want to listen to it. Eichorst had no real relationship with the coaches. And when you hear any sort of 'leader' spouting off BS catchphrases from some book like 'energy vampires', you should know you're f'd most f#*kingly.

Just now, LilRedIsABadOmen said:

Summary:

Eichorst Highest paid AD in country. Made coaches read a lot of books. Didn't meet with them in person much. Boosters didn't like dealing with him. Irrelevant call to Alvarez by Lee. Rabble rabble rabble about other stuff. Has 10 assistant ADs that make a lot of money and we don't trust any of them to hold the interim title.

Thanks... how'd it get so crazy?

Boosters repeatedly have said that even though Eichorst appeared at games and events, he would position himself in a place where he could slip away or duck out with minimal interaction.

“I could never get close to the guy,’’ one multiple-decade booster said. “It was as bad as trying to deal with Steve Pederson.’’

I just brought this up in another thread yesterday. As much as he acted like The Man Behind the Curtain, I couldn't imagine him schmoozing with the boosters of substance. Kinda makes me surprised that he lasted this long.