Barfknecht Nails it to Eichorst

If this stuff is 100% true why didn't any of them have the balls to write this stuff before today?  The only ones that did were Bo and JP.

You keep failing to include TO in you "cancer" stuff.  He was here as AD longer than SE was.  He fired and hired more coaches than SE as well.  Yet he gets none of your blame.

What will happen when another AD is hired and it's not who people want?  Or what happens if Nebraska wins enough for Riley to keep his job? Where will your joy come from?

I'll say it again Barfy & Dirk are pot stirring turfs. The only good stuff they write is when Dirk writes his feel good stories.  Other then that they are click baiters.

6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The whole call to Alvarez thing was a bit dumb IMO.

It was meant to show that a respectful AD answers his phone and gives a nice response. Personally talks to these guys.  Gets to know them.  Shakes hands.  Everything Eichorst wasn't.  Everything Eichorst didn't want to be,  In other words , an a$$hole.  That's what he is/was.  Now he is gone.  Thank God.

And Harvey hired him without asking his former employer about him?  Asking anyone?  What the hell is that?  That is the cancer that is being eradicated from the Husker Athletic Program.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, returnnutoglory95 said:

Yes I'm Lee.  I'm Jason Peter.  I'm Steve Sipple. I'm an OWH Subscription Salesman.  As long as the truth comes out finally, then sure I will take credit for writing it.

Haters gonna hate.  But Eichorst is Gone!  Hallelujah!!

Okay, Lee.  Whatever you say!

Question:  when Harvey and Tom (together, both had roles) successfully navigated NU through the backstabbing s#!tstorm of 2010's Big XII to the stable shores of the B1G, ....

was that also part of Harvey's sadistic cancerous plan to destroy Nebraska?  Maybe he had secret communication with Dan Beebe and Texas!  Wow!  What an @sshole!

I never read much about Eichorst before these recent weeks so I can't say I know a lot about the program's various departments.  But it seems to me the AD position is almost political, like you want somebody who enjoys the spotlight, schoozing it up with boosters and people who have money in their wallets, and able to smile and surrounded by people.  It seems that for an AD you want a politician who can look at talent and manage people but also be fiscally responsible.  

Totally not the position for somebody who is socially awkward and introverted.  

Granted, I'm not saying we need an AD who will stand up at the podium and say, "We're gonna make Nebraska great again.  It'll be so great, it'll be amazing.  Just you wait.  So amazing.  I'm going to make changes.  Big changes.  And Nebraska will be incredible.  Just amazing.  You'll be in awe of how great Nebraska will be.  Nebraska will be great again!"  

I'm not familiar with the various names of the columnists and sports writers.  I've never liked sportswriters much because really their job is to bitch and complain about the efforts of others.  Some people do, some people write about what others do.  So I take what anybody writes in a newspaper with healthy dose of skepticism.  I used to be a columnist for a one-horse newspaper many moons ago myself.  It's not that impressive of a gig to me and after a while, you can see where the writer is coming from, so you know their perspective easily enough.  

But back to Eichhorst--somebody hired this guy.  Somebody was responsible for him and watching what he did.  And if he s#!t the bed for so long, why wasn't he dealt with earlier?  How could it get to this point?  If what Barfy wrote about the women's basketball coach was even remotely true, wouldn't that alone be enough of a sign that something horrible was happening?  If you've got a guy in a public position like AD, and he's running away from people, and pretty much acting like he's got Asperger's,  somebody would have had to notice this.  Why wasn't it dealt with back then?  

There's always somebody to blame.  It's frustrating to see that a beloved program had to be dismantled and left outside to rust before somebody stepped in to fix it.   

4 hours ago, LilRedIsABadOmen said:

Summary:

Eichorst Highest paid AD in country. Made coaches read a lot of books. Didn't meet with them in person much. Boosters didn't like dealing with him. Irrelevant call to Alvarez by Lee. Rabble rabble rabble about other stuff. Has 10 assistant ADs that make a lot of money and we don't trust any of them to hold the interim title.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, zoogs said:

I find this move disappointing, reflexive, and odd. SE represented Nebraska with dignity and class. Hope the next guy does the same; this act isn't evidence to me that those are priorities or even on the radar of the decision-makers. We'll see!

You can be the nicest, most honorable guy in the world but how can you expect to keep your job if you don't produce results?