will riley be fired before wisky game if he drops 1 to Rut or illinois?

huskerfan69

Just now, Moiraine said:

That thought entered my head but I'm not sure it matters - because they wouldn't necessarily need to give the interim head coach a raise. So they'd be paying everyone the same amount, and Riley would just start getting his buyout earlier.

They are also paying Eichorst.   I think he is here through next year, but his asst. are another story.

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

They are also paying Eichorst.   I think he is here through next year, but his asst. are another story.

They're doing that regardless. Not sure why you're hung up on this, especially the Bo still getting paid stuff. We're not in dire straits financially. If they see it's worth it in the long run, they're not going to worry about that.

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It's business, you budget & save to fix.  The fastest fix is the asst. that are not pulling their weight.  

I was going to say I don't think Riley is really the problem unless you look at the fact he brought in the assistants that suck.  I think he's done a good job on the defensive side but he hasn't made the right moves on offense.  It's not like he is the hands on coach teaching these kids techniques.  It's not his fault we can't block.. it's his fault he hired someone who can't teach kids to block.  

1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think they need to put some feelers out and see if they people they want would be interested at all.  If you don't think you are gonna get a guy all these recruits are gonna love then keep Riley.  

These specific recruits are important, don't get me wrong, but in the overall scheme of things it's not important to bring someone that Riley's '18 recruits love. They need someone who can recruit well and coach well in the long term.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

These specific recruits are important, don't get me wrong, but in the overall scheme of things it's not important to bring someone that Riley's '18 recruits love. They need someone who can recruit well and coach well in the long term.

Well if it isn't a splash hire that everyone is looking for then what's the point because if you lose the top recruits we have they need to be replaced with other top recruits or you are looking at another year at least we won't be very good