** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

In the fall you can always use things like Frost warning, Frost expected....wintery advisory etc.... Or like you said, if hired early enough you can use those heading into the winter. 

Like you said, gotta strike while the iron is hot.

Personally, I won't be happy until parts of this are cut-up into the Tunnel Walk montage.

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, BartonHusker said:

The thing is there is no home-run out there available unless you have a pipe dream of Bob Stoops or Chip Kelly.  Stoops is probably retired for good but maybe a Notre Dame could "possibly" interest him and Kelly I would doubt would come here when he would have other job options that have easier recruiting (he does not like to recruit).  

Then any coach we are looking at probably does not check off every box.  Frost is probably going to check off many of the boxes though.  There are very little coaches out there that will be options that will check off the boxes better than Frost. 

I prefer a young guy to an older proven guy because I believe a young guy will have the fire to prove himself, and get that first championship. I am not sure all of the guys that have done it already have the energy to get to the championship level again.

I'm not entirely sure why, but that article from Lee rubs me the wrong way. I know a lot of people are talking about the Nebraska position and who could be the next head coach, but it seems a bit premature to be having this discussion in that medium. Maybe I just feel guilty for Riley even though his team is struggling. Seems like it's one thing to talk about it in private or a message board, but to then have a prominent writer basically say 'Frost is ready to lead Nebraska.' I don't know, maybe I'm being too soft. :lol:

I'm still largely unconvinced Frost would be interested in coaching here, but I have nothing to back up that claim.

• Plus1 5

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I'm not entirely sure why, but that article from Lee rubs me the wrong way. I know a lot of people are talking about the Nebraska position and who could be the next head coach, but it seems a bit premature to be having this discussion in that medium. Maybe I just feel guilty for Riley even though his team is struggling. Seems like it's one thing to talk about it in private or a message board, but to then have a prominent writer basically say 'Frost is ready to lead Nebraska.' I don't know, maybe I'm being too soft. :lol:

I'm still largely unconvinced Frost would be interested in coaching here, but I have nothing to back up that claim.

With the rampant rumors about Riley's job security abound, there are natural questions about who would make a viable candidate for the next head coach.  There is a 3-page thread on Scott Frost on here, so I don't think the article showing Frost's qualifications is poor timing.  If there were any readers with questions about Frost's experience, Barfknect lays out Frost's resume and qualifications.

I also have questions about whether Frost would ever want to coach at NU.  He could have a great life staying at UCF for a while or maybe going to a bigger program.  Worst case scenario, he's not a head coach by the age of 50, and he bounces around for the next 10 years as an offensive coordinator/position coach, and retires at age 60 with his NFL pension kicking in.

The more you step back and look at this the more it looks like it’s Scott’s job if he wants it.

1.) Firing Eichorst gets any hurdles to firing Riley out of the way. If this year goes as bad as it appears Bounds and Green will be justified with their decision and it’s on its way. This decision was made because of Riley and Riley alone.

2.) Bounds and Green are being influenced by the money behind the program, and that money has a high level of support to get Scott to Lincoln.

3.) Frost started the season on many up and coming coaching lists, Bounds and Green see that if they don’t act this year Nebraska may be too late to the party. His stock will only grow as they win more games, possibly end the year in a New Years 6 as the Group of 5 rep. Hence the, “We want to get started” quote in the presser.

4.) Not by mistake that they mentioned the mid 90’s in the presser. 

5.) The word compete keeps coming up. You see Scott on the sideline, that dude competes. His team follows suit.

The writing is on the wall, the only thing that is left is for the season to play out like most think it will. 

Money would think this means that the AD is Trev. I must say I am not crazy about that hire, but it seems the only plausible way we get someone who agrees to hire Frost. Unless someone like Joe Parker tells us in the search that Frost would be on the top of his list, then you hire that guy that will also hire the football coach the administration wants.

Hiring Frost is a safe way to go with big upside. If he fails, not too many fans will be upset because he is a Husker legend and that route is worth the try to many. I believe that not only  Scott gets Nebraska, understands the type of players it takes to win here, and the type of program it takes to win, but he is a good football coach that would be on the radar of major Power 5 jobs in the near future.

• Plus1 6
56 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

Oh yeah...and TO is going to be involved. He flew all the way down to Orlando to meet with UCF. He will go to bat for Frost no doubt. Almost like Bounds and Green are giving TO a do-over to make amends for how he was forced out of the AD position.

Flying from Omaha or Lincoln to Orlando isn't like flying to Asia. I am sure TO can even use a private jet, if needed. Also, TO was retiring, not forced out. Yes, TO was surprised that Perlman didn't ask for his opinion on the next AD, but it wasn't a force out.  

Frost should be considered.  I  have posted for Frost alot on here or different thread.  He just seems to be the best fit right now.  We are down.  We are seeing what alot of programs have had for decades and it sucks.  I watch KU from afar, and wow, that football program can't find a win or buy one.  They may never have a program because they are not a football school.  We are a football school.  We have been a football school, now in a football conference.  I think we wait for too much longer to hire Frost, he will be at a different school in a power 5 spot.  Landscape of football says that.  Look out at possible spots right now.  K-State will have an opening soon.  (he coached there 1 year)

UCLA will have an opening soon.  Texas A/M will have an opening soon.  Thats just 3 jobs that might be on the job front coming in the next few weeks.   Who right now will be at the top of those lists?  Frost will be in the Top 2 of all of those jobs.  Chances are, he takes one of them if offered.  That why I think the time is now to go out and get him locked down.

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic