** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It's such a silly argument to say that because UCF is able to be super efficient in the passing game that they don't commit to the run. NU has a coach who tries to say he wants balance, but has one of the most inefficient offenses I have seen. 

Statistically, balance could be a knock on Frost at least how I interpret balance which is equal run and pass yardage.  He should really average another 80 yd/game rushing but now I'm being ridiculous expecting 600 yd/game 

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

UCF's starting QB is averaging nearly 300 yards per game on 25 pass attempts per game.  Don't confuse successful passing with an offense that doesn't run the ball.  The ability to hit the big play from an RPO or play action pass is built off a successful run game. 

Yeah, stats! 

4 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

UCF has played 5 games but still a solid point you bring up

EDIT: You're right they've only played 4

Someone posted earlier that UCF was 5-0 but I didn't think that sounded right.  Their schedule got hit by a hurricane.  They cancelled 2 games but Memphis was rescheduled and played so it seems like they played 5 games.  Apparently they cancelled a game with Maine to play the Memphis game. 

Mathematically 6-3+1=4

113 passing attempts to 154 rushing attempts in 2017....When you have one QB hitting 68.3% and the other one 83% it tends to be successful. Not to mention 13 passing TD's to 2 INT's.  Throw in 2 backs who average 9.2 and 7.7 YPC and I don't think one can say they pass first.....They seem equally capable of truly exploiting what the D is allowing them to do....I'll take it.  

Not to mention, Frost has been in numerous style offenses as a QB, OC and defender....He has played under/with/coached etc...with Seifert, TO and Kelly.  I would ASSume that he has the experience/knowledge to scheme the offense to the talent of his team as well as to the strengths/weaknesses of the defense....

• Plus1 3

A lot of my posts can be summed up as situational football. Rutgers was an example where we are talking about how halftime is a rare opportunity in an alternate possession game to get two possessions (Nebraska didn't manage that well). Last night we talked about the last play before half and how Chryst and Riley failed to play call around a potential 4th down when in that 35-40 yd area (something we talked about UCF doing well a few weeks back).

This highlight video has a brief snippet of halftime in which UCF is leading by 21 and Frost is worried about his opponent potentially scoring first because the rain is coming. How many games ever get cut short like this, and yet he's already planning for the possibility. That's situational football. If anything comes out of anything I've ever posted, I hope it is to look not at the results but at the "why". I don't care about wins and losses and records and resumes, I care about "why" because if you understand why something happens you can repeat the process.

i think that says a lot about why I like certain coaches and don't prefer others.

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, Undone said:

+1. This is so funny Red Five; I was just coming here to post the same thing!

Yes, I want to hear from this crowd as well.

Your a big Riley booster aren't you?

I'm fine with running or passing that makes sense. Frost knows what he's doing....can't say that for some other people.

Add the comment about UCF running more than us....shazaam.

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic