Possible Coaches

1 hour ago, zoogs said:

Yeah, I really think it's Frost's time. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I don't entirely disagree either. The homecoming is going to happen. And it just might work out.

I'm not sold on him just yet but there is no doubt he's brought a very positive change to UCF so far. If they keep improving and we keep playing like we are I'd say it's a move we need to make. 

• Plus1 1

Here are 4 guys that we should seriously consider and none of them our beyond our reach.

Frost - obviously.

Aranda - promotion to head coach so he would seriously consider.  

Fuente - I know he is fairly new at VT.  Looks to be making $3.2 mil.  Probably need to offer $4.5 mil to pull him over.

Patterson - looks to be making $4 mil.  We'd need to go over $5 mil.  We should have considered him before.  Timing was right for him 3 years ago.  

If these teams have disappointing years these jobs may be open competing with us...Tennessee, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, and more.  Look at who's #2.  http://coacheshotseat.com/

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

Here are 4 guys that we should seriously consider and none of them our beyond our reach.

Frost - obviously.

Aranda - promotion to head coach so he would seriously consider.  

Fuente - I know he is fairly new at VT.  Looks to be making $3.2 mil.  Probably need to offer $4.5 mil to pull him over.

Patterson - looks to be making $4 mil.  We'd need to go over $5 mil.  We should have considered him before.  Timing was right for him 3 years ago.  

If these teams have disappointing years these jobs may be open competing with us...Tennessee, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, and more.  Look at who's #2.  http://coacheshotseat.com/

How is Mora way down at #15 and Butch Jones at #17. They should be much higher.

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Gill has succeeded wherever he's gone save for Kansas, and when you have boosters undermining your authority because of your history of playing for Nebraska and casting racially-based dispersions about you and your character because you have a white wife...yeah, Gill never got a fair shake at Kansas. His other stops borne success, and I'd dare say if he's hired to coach a FBS school that isn't as backward as Kansas (or their fans), he'd continue to succeed.

Having said this, I don't think Gill would be a good fit for what we have on hand--if we're looking for a long-term rebuild, then perhaps, but not if we're trying to turn this thing around in a year or two tops. 

---

Also, what about Greg Schiano? He resurrected Rutgers from being a 0-fer team with a run-oriented offense before he left to try his hand at the NFL. 

Schiano is bigger jerk than Pelini if that's possible. I hope we don't go down the path of failed NFL coaches... again.

3 hours ago, Jeremy said:

Schiano is bigger jerk than Pelini if that's possible. I hope we don't go down the path of failed NFL coaches... again.

His failed stint in the NFL doesn't outweigh what he did at Rutgers IMO. Building that program into a winner was amazing. Regarding his personality, I am betting the mix of NFL humble pie and time under Urban has given him some perspective. The man knows how to build a winner with less than ideal resources and situation, he would have a ton of resources at DONU and would know how to compensate for the immediate lack of fertile recruiting ground with resources he didn't have at Rutgers.

Maybe this is a little further out of left field than I thought, but what about UTSA's Frank Wilson?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/3/8/14821666/texas-san-antonio-football-2017-preview-schedule-roster

He's going to be a P5 coach soon, why not ours? The guy is a great recruiter, and he took UTSA to a bowl game. Sure we can look down at the 6-7 record, but that's in year 1 without his recruits and doubling the previous year's win total. He's already off to a great start this year....

• BIGREDIOWAN changed the title to Possible Coaches