Possible Coaches

I guess I like Frost because I see him as our best chance for long term stability.  When Riley was hired, many people were commenting that he would retire after 5-6 years, then we would go after Frost if he showed potential.  Well, it looks like that timeline has been cut a short.   It's very possible it's our last shot at Frost.

Sure it would probably take Frost a couple of years to show results, but I would hope (maybe unrealistic) that the fan base would be patient.    I think stability is what we need most right now. 

• Plus1 2
  • BIGREDIOWAN changed the title to Possible Coaches
20 hours ago, WhatDoIKnow said:

I guess I like Frost because I see him as our best chance for long term stability.  When Riley was hired, many people were commenting that he would retire after 5-6 years, then we would go after Frost if he showed potential.  Well, it looks like that timeline has been cut a short.   It's very possible it's our last shot at Frost.

Sure it would probably take Frost a couple of years to show results, but I would hope (maybe unrealistic) that the fan base would be patient.    I think stability is what we need most right now. 

I honestly don't think that was the thought process.  If it was, Eichorst wouldn't have been fired.  If we don't hire Frost between now and the bowl games, we will never have another opportunity unless he busts at Tennessee.

3 hours ago, junior4949 said:

I honestly don't think that was the thought process.  If it was, Eichorst wouldn't have been fired.  If we don't hire Frost between now and the bowl games, we will never have another opportunity unless he busts at Tennessee.

On 10/9/2017 at 7:46 PM, WhatDoIKnow said:

If Frost continues to have the success he is currently having, he will be a very hot commodity.  Took over a 0-12 team, goes 6-7 with a bowl victory and in year 2 ranked in the top 20.....All of this with another guys players or his VERY young guys with one full year in his system....and an offense that in 2015 was dead last....

If the new AD wants Frost, the feelers need to go out now and get ready to get into a bidding war.

Here is a great quote from UCF's DC, Erik Chinander, a guy I'm pretty sure Frost will ask to come along:  Sounds nothing like "bend don't break"....

In general terms, Chinander envisions using "multiple" schemes that shift between three- and four-down linemen and brings pressure. 

"In this day and age of the way offensive football is going, the way to win games on defense is sacks plus turnovers minus explosive plays," he said, according to the Sentinel. "We want to get the ball back in these guys' hands as much as possible, so we have to be aggressive, we have to take some chances."

• Plus1 2
42 minutes ago, lo country said:

If Frost continues to have the success he is currently having, he will be a very hot commodity.  Took over a 0-12 team, goes 6-7 with a bowl victory and in year 2 ranked in the top 20.....All of this with another guys players or his VERY young guys with one full year in his system....and an offense that in 2015 was dead last....

If the new AD wants Frost, the feelers need to go out now and get ready to get into a bidding war.

Here is a great quote from UCF's DC, Erik Chinander, a guy I'm pretty sure Frost will ask to come along:  Sounds nothing like "bend don't break"....

In general terms, Chinander envisions using "multiple" schemes that shift between three- and four-down linemen and brings pressure. 

"In this day and age of the way offensive football is going, the way to win games on defense is sacks plus turnovers minus explosive plays," he said, according to the Sentinel. "We want to get the ball back in these guys' hands as much as possible, so we have to be aggressive, we have to take some chances."

Ucf lost 31-13 to Arkansas State

On 9/22/2017 at 6:12 AM, Nobody said:

riley's job is beyond hot....

updated version of available coaches for more context of the evolving situation..

Scott Frost

Chip Kelly

Les Miles 

David Shaw

Paul Johnson

Chris Peterson

Dan Mullen

Gus Mulzahn

Kyle Whittingham

Jeremy Pruitt

Mark Helfrich

Justin Fuente

Justin Wilcox

Charlie Strong

Tom Herman

Gary Patterson

Clay Helton

Brian Kelly

Jeff Brohm

DJ Durkin

Matt Canada

Dave Aranda

Bob Stoops

Steve Sarkisian

Lane Kiffin

anybody on the possible dream list add below and ill update this post

Scott Frost - hell yes. Should be the top target. 

Chip Kelly - I would go after him. Give a big offer and make him say no. 

Les Miles  - no. 

David Shaw - wouldn't be against it, but he is staying at Stanford. 

Paul Johnson - no. Too old and doesn't recruit at a high level. 

Chris Peterson - we missed our chance previously. 

Dan Mullen - hell no. He is another Mike Riley

Gus Mulzahn - he wouldn't come so don't bother. 

Kyle Whittingham - wouldn't be against it. 

Jeremy Pruitt - Seriously? 

Mark Helfrich - No 

Justin Fuente - He isn't coming but you should ask. 

Justin Wilcox - No. 

Charlie Strong - No

Tom Herman - He is at his job for years and years. 

Gary Patterson - not coming

Clay Helton - Who? 

Brian Kelly - No thanks .

Jeff Brohm - I would ask. 

DJ Durkin - No. 

Matt Canada - No. 

Dave Aranda - No. 

Bob Stoops - he retired for a reason. 

The Navy coach is the guy that should be on this list. Solid coach but would need to recruit at a higher level. I wouldn't be against this kind of hire. 

Frost should be at the top of the list. 

• Plus1 2