SBNation: Scott Frost is perfect for a possible Nebraska opening, but here’s who should be No. 2 on the list

Saunders

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

The problem with Riley's run/pass ratio (well.....one of the problems) is Riley's offense isn't efficient.  Interceptions, losing the battle of the line of scrimmage and poor play design affect the efficiency.

I think having played quarterback in an efficient offense and having been coached and/or mentored by Walsh, Osborne and Kelly are the huge upsides to Frost.

I think Frost is probably the best fit with so much turmoil being exposed administratively and Husker Nation wanting to see a better product on the field than what Riley is capable of producing.

Here is Frost's current OC....Bring him to if Frost comes.

http://ucfknights.com/coaches.aspx?rc=921&path=football

DC there currently runs a 3-4.......Has coached with Frost since Northern Iowa......

This year run/pass ratio (one game) 45/33...

Would love for NU to get the best guy for the job, if it comes to that. If it's Nebraska's native son, even better. I just want a quality gut, with a quality staff with a definitive scheme and culture that translates into positive change...

On 9/22/2017 at 8:46 AM, BigRedBuster said:

There is no reason why we need to completely change once again the types of offensive players we need which would see yet another couple years of transition.

There is no reason why we can't run a power running offense similar to Wisconsin, MSU, Stanford...etc. here.  That would utilize many of the players we already have in the system. It would allow us to actually be able to have a passing game and not trying to use an RB as a 

...editing on this is too hard for me. 

The Power Spread Option offense is where it's at now. I've seen teams run variations: Ohio State, Miss St., Penn St, Houston when Tom Herman was there.

Osborne I believe once said if he was coaching today he'd run something similar to what Urban Meyer had with Tim Tebow at Florida, Alex Smith at Utah.

Dan Mullen the HC at Miss St. was Meyer's OC @ Florida when they won NC's and was QB coach @ Utah with Meyer. Mullen favors the run over pass. He has got to be on our short list. Obviously he has a talent for finding good dual threat QB's if you've ever heard of Dak Prescott.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, irafreak said:
On 9/22/2017 at 8:46 AM, BigRedBuster said:

There is no reason why we need to completely change once again the types of offensive players we need which would see yet another couple years of transition.

There is no reason why we can't run a power running offense similar to Wisconsin, MSU, Stanford...etc. here.  That would utilize many of the players we already have in the system. It would allow us to actually be able to have a passing game and not trying to use an RB as a 

...editing on this is too hard for me. 

Not sure I understand this post. 

4 hours ago, brophog said:

I'm watching the UCF-Maryland game.....Tanner could do much better in this offense.

It has several things Nebraska's lacks:

Spacing

Timing

Options to pass to. 

It didn't look like the QB runs required much elusiveness either since the defense was so unprepared. I imagined Gebbia making that long run.

We might need to upgrade our speed to make the offense work... if we wanted to run a similar offense.. for whatever reason.