Call Your Shot - Rutgers

Mavric

Our DBs continue to play 10 yards off the ball.

Our DLine continues to not exist.

Fortunately, Rutgers is bad enough to make enough mistakes not to completely capitalize on it every drive, but they have a few drives that look easy.

Our OLine continues to not exist.

We throw on 1st down way more times than we should.

Tanner Lee continues to make terrible decisions whenever he doesn't have time to throw, which is nearly every down because 1. We throw the ball too much and 2. Our Oline doesn'ft exist.

Our supposed depth at RB continues to appear to be a Wives tale.

We might see Lee get benched, but probably not, regardless of his performance.

Our Kicker and Punter continue to look great.

Maybe DPE is able to run one back, but he'll also probably muff one and let way more hit the turf than should.

Our coverage on special teams will continue to be horrendous. They might run one back on us as well.

Whoever turns over the ball least wins this one.

4 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Eichorst show up through a secret hatch under the field, and streaks across the field with nothing but a Red N tattoed on his lower back.  He is then tackled by security and hauled out, all the while shouting " I just came for my RED STAPLER!"

Oh yeah, NU Wins.

He got tackled by security because two d-backs whiffed.....  heh heh...

7 hours ago, unlfan said:

The injuries concern me. Ugly , low scoring game. Nebraska wins it late. Not the death blow that could get Riley canned by next Tuesday, but more fuel for the next AD to show him the door at end of season.

Something like 24-17 good guys.

The injuries are troublesome. I'd hate to see us have to resort to those juniors/seniors to give a decent effort. In any event, I'm going with NU by 4 touchdowns. T. Lee will eventually get it and hit his rhythm. 

I'm getting cold feet.

I don't know if it's the reluctance of anyone from Nebraska to talk about this game. Even the papers were just rehashing this morning.

Maybe it's the fact I know Nebraska's defense has yet to get after it the way Eastern Michigan did.

Perhaps it's the injuries and youth Nebraska is going to play, but many of Rutgers' players have yet to even play a road game.

Logically, I know Rutgers lacks offensive playmakers and while that defense is scrappy, it's also being overrated. But I can't shake this late night feeling. 

Probably just that that burrito I ate.

• Plus1 1