2020 PG Isaiah Riveria

How much work is too much work? Do not ask Geneseo sophomore basketball standout Isaiah Rivera. He will tell you there is no such thing as too much work.

A basketball-a-holic, Rivera would live in the gym if he was allowed.

"In terms of workouts, it is more than wanting to, it's like he 'needs' to," Geneseo coach Brad Storm said. "Sometimes I have to suggest he take a day off now and then. There are few players who want to commit to improving the way he does. It is fun to be around players who want to get better."

Rivera, a 15-year-old who currently is ranked as the No. 8 player in Illinois' Class of 2020, does not want to miss an opportunity to become a more complete player every day.

"Coach Storm has definitely talked to me a lot about slowing down both during the season last winter and during workouts this summer," Rivera said."I just want to be in the gym every day, making myself better at something every chance I get.

'It just comes from wanting to be the best and never falling off in any aspect of the game.'

"I've been to Wisconsin's camp, UNI's advanced camp, and talked to their coaches. I've also talked to the Iowa coaches. I'm not really thinking about college at this point. I just need to put myself in a spot where coaches want me.

"QC Elite is definitely a program on the rise. Having Ethan (Happ, at Wisconsin) and Isaiah (Roby, at Nebraska) has put the program on the map and more coaches are watching our teams. Coach Wynn is always there to help us with anything we need."

http://www.qconline.com/sports/high_school_sports/never-enough-work-geneseo-sophomore-hoops-star-rivera-puts-in/article_1c88851f-ba60-5e35-beb0-5e3dccf28fa9.html

My dad was born in Geneseo and I still have family there. Hope we offer sooner rather than later. 

• Plus1 1
  • 11 months later...