***Official Rutgers Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Wow. Win is a win, but this Rutgers team is the worst team we have played.  Defense is improving, but seriously, how can we tell for sure?  Oregon called off the dogs, NIU was content with winning by a field goal, and ths Rutgers teams was as bad on offense as we have been at passing the ball to the team wearing RED

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

Wow. Win is a win, but this Rutgers team is the worst team we have played.  Defense is improving, but seriously, how can we tell for sure?  Oregon called off the dogs, NIU was content with winning by a field goal, and ths Rutgers teams was as bad on offense as we have been at passing the ball to the team wearing RED

this is true.  

Credit to Nebraska on closing this thing out and I loved the way they closed it out. They didn't panic and they stuck to their run game and imposed their power and will on Rutgers defense. This team could have easily shelled up after Lee's pick 6, but they stuck with it and believed.

Defense does continue to improve each week, but still think there is unknown there on how good or how far they really have come. Wisconsin game will tell a lot about his D. If they can keep Wisconsin offensive points down then great, but that'll be the test to see if they really have improved as much as it looks like they have improved.

Good win for Nebraska though 2-2! GBR!

2 hours ago, The Duke said:

As opposed to thinking of a loss???

The boo's earlier were justified. Everyone in their right mind knew that Lee should have been benched for at least 1 series.

After what I've seen of Lee so far, I've seen enough. I'm not impressed and I don't see any improvement. Any other starter plays like that, someone else steps in. Why can't QB be treated the same way? Riley has handcuffed himself to Lee for the rest of the season and I don't see that paying off in the long run.