Riley is still our coach

Nebfanatic

36 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Love the Huskers, so therefore it would be good for us if Riley was fired.  He is not going to improve this program.

The point of this thread is that Riley is still the coach and trying to win, so out of curiosity, would you rather Riley wins the rest of the season finishing 10-2 and winning the B12 West and keeps his job, or that he doesn't so that he gets fired?

• Plus1 1

Personally, I want Riley to remain the HC and hire a proven OC and line coach.  This OC needs to be a smash mouth running team with the ability to throw very well.  I like Riley as the face of NU football and I think he has a good vision for the team.  He can remain the process oriented nice guy but the OC needs to be hard nosed and passionate.  I like Diaco a lot and I can see his defense changing as better players are brought in.  We can't continue to change Head Coaches and expect to improve.

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, Sgt Red said:

Personally, I want Riley to remain the HC and hire a proven OC and line coach.  This OC needs to be a smash mouth running team with the ability to throw very well.  I like Riley as the face of NU football and I think he has a good vision for the team.  He can remain the process oriented nice guy but the OC needs to be hard nosed and passionate.  I like Diaco a lot and I can see his defense changing as better players are brought in.  We can't continue to change Head Coaches and expect to improve.

He's already fired 4 of his original 9 ACs. At what point do you think it's Riley that is the big problem?

• Plus1 4

3 minutes ago, Sgt Red said:

Riley, much like Bo and Cally IMO, are dragged down by a complete incompetent crew.  

So long as Riley is coach, I hope for his success as it means the kids and team are winning.  Supporting him now, doesn't mean I disagree with changes being made....

• Plus1 1

Makes me a little sad to read the facebook and message board comments of "the greatest fans in college football" wanting their coach fired.  It means our team didn't win guys.  Quit cutting your nose to spite your face because then you will never be able to smell the roses when they do grow.  

• Plus1 8