Riley is still our coach

Nebfanatic

8 hours ago, unlfan said:

Disagree. I think Mike Riley has done much more to undermine Cornhusker football than dvdcrr.

Mike Riley is a cancer to the program. He is firmly establishing a losing culture. We have three 1-2 starts in our history. Mike Riley has managed to achieve two of those in his three years here. He has lost to a MAC team at home with their backup QB. Of his two completed seasons here, one has already been a losing season. "His guy" at quarterback is already getting booed by his own crowd 4 games in. The AD that hired him was fired 2.25 seasons into his tenure.

That is what Mike Riley is doing to Cornhusker football.

What has dvdcrr done to this program?

I disagree that Mike Riley is a cancer to this program. Quite frankly I think he has been good for the program.

1 minute ago, unlfan said:

A losing culture where wins against Rutgers are celebrated is extremely toxic, much more so than a coach who calls the AD mean names. If such culture truly takes hold, it will be devastating.

Again, I don't see undue celebration over the Rutgers win. I don't know a single fan who considers the current state of the program acceptable. They are the same people who didn't consider Bo Pelini's 7th season acceptable. At worst, there are some people wondering if the turnaround and recruits might still be another season away and if holding out that hope is worse than firing a coach without a clear replacement in mind. It would be weird if there weren't fans like that. It hardly means accepting mediocrity.  

It actually is toxic to rip on fans who might spend the rest of the season looking for positives.  It's a game. Games can still be fun. They don't all have to be referendums on the state's sense of self-worth. 

Besides, Shawn Eichorst was fired for the football team's on-field production. It's almost impossible that doesn't turn into Mike Riley's firing as well. We all know where this is going. So let's show some class. 

• Plus1 3
27 minutes ago, unlfan said:

A losing culture where wins against Rutgers are celebrated is extremely toxic, much more so than a coach who calls the AD mean names. If such culture truly takes hold, it will be devastating.

Keeping in mind that the coach who called the AD mean names also told Nebraska fans to f#*k off and kiss his ass on the way out the door, because they demanded too much of him.

fwiw...the AD back in 2011when Bo Pelini said he wanted out of the Nebraska pressure cooker was Tom Osborne. 

If Mike Riley is used to rehabilitate Bo Pelini, then the terrorists win. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, unlfan said:

Bo used bad words and said mean things that hurt a lot of people's feelings. Some people can't get over that, and I understand.

But, from a football perspective, every single piece of objective evidence points that Bo Pelini is a significantly better football coach and was much better for Nebraska football than Mike Riley.

The facts say that. Your subjective feelings may say otherwise.

More successful on the field? Yes. Better for the Nebraska Football program? That's debatable, and it's only debatable because Bo won more games (which is the point, I know). Riley is better in every other facet, including recruiting.

• Plus1 2