Riley is still our coach

Nebfanatic

4 minutes ago, unlfan said:

Bo used bad words and said mean things that hurt a lot of people's feelings. Some people can't get over that, and I understand.

But, from a football perspective, every single piece of objective evidence points that Bo Pelini is a significantly better football coach and was much better for Nebraska football than Mike Riley.

The facts say that. Your subjective feelings may say otherwise.

So.....are you going to get back to me with the evidence that Riley is overly celebrating the Rutgers win or that he's perfectly happy with where the program is right now and he is instilling this attitude into the program and players?

10 minutes ago, unlfan said:

Bo used bad words and said mean things that hurt a lot of people's feelings. Some people can't get over that, and I understand.

But, from a football perspective, every single piece of objective evidence points that Bo Pelini is a significantly better football coach and was much better for Nebraska football than Mike Riley.

The facts say that. Your subjective feelings may say otherwise.

The people who think this is about a football coach using bad words crack me up.

If there were hurt feelings, it's the guy who spent the aftermath of the biggest comeback in Husker history raging at a handful of students who left after a dismal first half. 6% of the fans were mean. Bo was hurt. He couldn't get over it. I understand. 

The leap you have to make to call Bo Pelini much better for Nebraska football than Mike Riley is 100% subjective. 

That Bo Pelini was not picked up by a P5 school since declaring he wanted out of Nebraska 7 years ago?  Now that's a fact.

We may not want to wait for the 7 seasons that would allow us to stack Riley up against Bo, but that's where you'd get the objective evidence. 

• Plus1 1

I wouldn't call Riley toxic either.  I would call him easy going, laid back, and just not accustomed to demands.  Oregon St could care less if they won more than 7 games a season.  They only cared about the Oregon game in most years.  Riley should go back to that environment as well.  i do not, will not, can not think this guy is toxic.  Is Riley better than Bo for the program?  Thats all debatable.  Riley is a better person, maybe a better recruiter.  Bo had a better winning percentage, and did win more here.  Bo had a toxic image here.  Bo rubbed the wrong people the wrong way.  

Honestly, I don't know if Riley is a better recruiter.  Numbers say that he is, but when your talking about ranked 25 or 35, is that really a big leap in improvement?  Your talking about one player have 4 stars or 5 stars.

28 minutes ago, unlfan said:

His futility and losing culture are completely toxic. Administration needs to take aggressive measures to rid the program of the cancer. Thankfully, it appears they have realized that.

Do do you have some type of video or audio showing him preaching to the team that their performance is perfectly fine and we should be happy where we are at????

or, are you claiming that’s the case with any coach that doesn’t win enough for the fans liking?

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, unlfan said:

Complete falsehood.

All objective stats say Bo was a better Nebraska football coach than Mike Riley.

What objective stat says Mike Riley is a better Nebraska football coach?

False argument.  There are no objective stats that are comparable.  Different schedules, players, opponents, injuries, ejections, officiating, etc.....

We can objectively say Riley inherited a team in much need of talent and depth to compete for a conference title.

We can objectively say implementing a new system almost always brings mixed results in the implementation stage.

We can objectively say starting a new QB brings mixed results no matter the coach.

We can objectively say implementing a new defense under a new DC requires transition time to reach peak performance.

We can objectively say Ferentz and Dantonio had much worse starts their first 3 years as Iowa and MSU respectively compared to MR's first three years at Nebraska.  They both wen on to have tremendous championship seasons over their next 3 years.  But I"m sure you saw that coming at the time right?

We can objectively say, Iowa and MSU were rewarded greatly for enduing the building stage and seeing the process through.  It remains to be seen if, we have the resolve to do the same.